17. Stay

"He's a saint with the lips of a sinner. He's an angel with a devilish smile."

***smut warning***

***smut warning***

A couple of drinks later the mood had been lightened and Taehyung had seemingly managed to forget about his woes, if only for a little while. Speaking of, I had also succeeded in turning my brain off and shoving my troubles out of my mind.

In my years of roaming Earth, I had come to find out that alcohol had this pleasant quality of blurring your thoughts while heightening your senses. Inebriation made people braver, bolder and more confident. It encouraged them to do things they wouldn't do while sober. It made everything better, brighter, funnier. It brought temporary relief to constant problems people wanted to avoid.

So naturally I fell in love with it.

"Could you believe the way we met, you and I?" he released a soft giggle before raising his drink to his lips again. "Such a crazy story."

"Yeah," I shrugged innocently. "It was like someone orchestrated the whole thing completely on purpose."

"Yeah..." he replied, seeming a little dazed. His hand drifted to tuck a couple of unruly burgundy hair strands behind my ear. My whole body tensed and my hand inadvertently moved to the side, resulting in me knocking down the almost empty Soju bottle.

"Oops," I chuckled. "Sorry. So clumsy of me."

I bent over to pick it up but he stopped me as his hand coiled around my wrist.

"Leave it be." He husked, his voice deeper than before.

I got slightly flustered. "I think I'm a little bit drunk," I gave a shy smile, my gut tightening as I fell under Taehyung's scrutiny. For whatever reason he wouldn't look away and I felt myself grow weak under his intense gaze. "Maybe I should call an Uber."

Hastily, I reached out for my phone in my pocket, desperate not to show him that I was trembling. He placed a hand on my thigh calmly, his palm gliding up towards my waist.

"No, stay."

I looked back at him. His eyes were dark and dangerous now, something behind him that I just couldn't place.

His gaze gravitated towards my flushed cheeks and down my neck, trailing my collarbones. He gulped.

"I don't think that's a good idea," I faltered. "We're both pretty intoxicated."

"We are."

"Maybe it would be better if I head home."

"Maybe." He simply said. The words were breathy as they left his mouth.

We stayed like this, staring at one another, none of us moving an inch or doing anything. I kept telling myself I needed to go, but truthfully I didn't want to. I wanted to stay and just be around him, doing whatever. Just anything.