13.

CW: excessive drinking, drug use and physical violence

______________

"I'm so lost, what am I going to wear?" Lorelei asked as she paced back and forth in her friend's closet. The two of them had moved from her apartment to Andreas since Andrea needed a dress, and Lorelei wasn't satisfied with any in her own closet.

"We can go out and buy one?" Andrea suggested. "I'm not liking anything either. This is a sign to go shopping! The outlets don't close for another two hours!"

"That's a great idea but... we still have to come back and wash them though. We'll probably be late if we do that."

"So? No one is on time for a party anyways. Bangtan is not an exception to that!"

"Okay," Lorelei giggled, loving the idea of some much-needed shopping. "Let's go! If I can't find anything, I'll just die."

"What does Taehyung say when you're this dramatic?" Andrea snickered as the two of them got in her car and headed to the outlets. "He's always been so brooding, it's tough to imagine him as anything else."

"He kind of just deals with me. That sounds awkward but he really just does." It made her evaluate their interactions up to this point. Whatever had him so interested in her, she didn't understand and likely never would. "He told me he enjoys my company."

That made her friend cackle, "Yeah, sure, that's it. Lor, you're one of the smartest people I know. You're not naive either, you can't believe that's really it. Wait— do you?"

"Taehyung hasn't made a move on me though," She countered. "He's always just... there."

"Yeah, because he's interested in you and more than likely biding his time so he can make his move! I had a hunch since the country club but... I haven't seen him act like this. Even I can't speak of his intentions... it's weird."

Was he interested in her? She wasn't exactly interested in him... he was just attractive, that was undeniable. Well, maybe she was a tiny bit interested, but not in like, the way Andrea was insinuating Taehyung was in her. He was just interesting and like Andrea mentioned, he had that sad boy thing going on.

That stupid sad boy thing.

It was really weird. It was weird how he could show just a sliver of vulnerability and she was ready to forget the majority of who he was and be there for him. The analogy of her being a moth and Taehyung the flame seemed all the more accurate since she had voiced her true feelings into existence. They were said and there was no way to take that back. Was she being stupid?

Her mind kept telling her to fault him for things he'd done, none of which were done to her... Yet, another voice in her mind screamed that it was unfair. No one was perfect and he hadn't ever been genuinely mean or malicious to her. Only a little pesky and irritating when she wasn't in the mood.

"Look, I don't know what to think," She said after sitting in silence for a bit. "But will you support me if I try to find you out? It's fine even if you don't want to be involved in it... but at long as you don't hate me for it."

Andrea rolled her eyes as they pulled into the parking space and turned off her car. "I swear, Lor. You're such a dummy sometimes. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't? I'm really not joking here though... he hurts you and I knee him where it hurts so he never has kids."

"I hoped that you'd say that! Because I'd do the same!"

The two of them quickly went into the first high-end department store that Andrea saw. Immediately, the store's atmosphere pressured her and made her feel out of place. The sunglasses on clearance cost as much as the sneakers she was wearing and that's that Lorelei had splurged when she bought these. Of course, Andrea couldn't be more comfortable here, the sales clerk even knew her name!