34 | You Little Minx

Morgan

It was the afternoon sun seeping through the blinds that woke me up. I whined softly as I turned in bed, the sheets clumping to one side at my movement.

"Oh, shit," I cussed when I reluctantly opened an eye and glanced at the digital clock on Collin's bedside table. "I've got school."

I looked to my side to see him sleeping peacefully, causing the sudden stress I'd abruptly felt to lessen and eventually dissipate. He's just so... gah.

As I carefully got out of bed, the bed sank less without my weight on it, prompting Collin to stir a bit from the sudden loss. He re-positioned and continued to fall deeper into his slumber. Smiling, I straightened the clothes I currently had on and eyed my reflection in the room's floor-length mirror.

Guess this'll do.

|

The moment I arrived at school, I was met with a fuming Addie standing by the lockers.

"Where have you been, you idiot?!" she interrogated furiously before hitting me on the head with her palm. "School is almost over! I mean, I know you have a reputation for being late, but seriously!"

"Um, first of all, ouch," I groaned, rubbing the spot my best friend had hit. "Relax, I'm fine. Besides, I didn't mean to be late."

Addie rolled her eyes and swung her brunette ponytail back. "No one intends to be late, M," she said incredulously. "What kept you?"

The tips of my ears suddenly turned red, and I felt lightheaded recalling the events of the night before.

In a flash, I saw mental images of Trevor's hands on me, his hungry lips devouring mine. I could still hear clearly the sweet nothings he whispered into my ear, the way his hot breath fanned my face— Then I remember getting off my high and slamming back into reality: I remember the way me and Collin slept on his bed and the way he comforted me by simply being there.

"M?" Addie called out, pulling my head back from the clouds. She stuck her hand into her denim jacket's pocket and brought out her handkerchief. As soon as she passed it to me, I shot her a questionable look.

That's when I realized tears were streaming down my cheeks. Smiling fondly at the girl, I took her handkerchief and wiped the salty liquid away. "Thanks," I said softly. "I... I don't even know why I'm crying."

"Are you alright? Did... Did something happen between you and Trevor last night? When you went to see him?" questioned Addie, her voice laced with concern.

I debated if I should tell Addie. "Uh—"

At that exact moment, I didn't have to decide anymore because the bell decided for me as it rang through the hallowed halls of Amity High, signifying that students should head back to their respective classrooms. 

Saved by the bell, I thought in relief.

"Um, I'll see you later, A!" I said immediately as I rushed to the next class I had, leaving Addie standing there with a perplexed expression on her face.

||

As I quietly slipped into a seat in the back, I noticed how there was a different teacher in front of the class today. Mr. Donavan must still be asleep then, I snickered to myself.