Author and Reader relationship (Edited + More scenes)

Start from the beginning

"You did a great job, Abby," they pat my shoulder, handing me a towel.

I gladly and sheepishly took it, as I wiped the sweat off my body. I didn't even did well out there, yet they were supporting.

"Good luck," I say to them, watching them climb on the ring to face our PE teacher.

I doubt that they'll lose, they never lose to him. That's the way I wrote them to be. And in no time, they sent Rappa on the ground. It was easy for them, and I envy them.

Mister Overhaul's class was next, and I haven't even done my homework yet... Ahhh, fuck my life.

As students changed out of their black shirts and black pants, they changed into their perfectly pressed uniform, while I squished myself in mine.

During the struggle, a well known clique approached me. I don't really associate with people too often, but I know that they're those mean girls in school. My self esteem was quaking as the outlines of their bodies were more visible under their PE shirts.

The one in the middle spoke, "Oh, the privilege of being quirkless~" she mocked, crossing her arms. "How does it feel being useless?"

"Wow, pathetic, you can't even come up with a better comeback, you second rate?" I chuckled. "Not only are you top in terms of academics, but hating me. Guess who's top one? Me. I'm the only one who can hate me as much as you and your friend hate me. Top that, you second rate!" I childishly stuck my tongue out at them, watching in amusement as their offended looks were just so priceless.

They've been bothering me since I evaded this AU, and I honestly feel my grave being dug right now because I regret what I said when I remember that they quirks that will most likely kill me.

Before she can hit me, Y/N grabs their wrist with a glare. "It's almost time for Mister Overhaul's class. If you won't hurry, one of us is going to get overhauled again." She clicks her tongue, yanking her wrist away from them, before walking away.

Y/N glared at them, before setting her eyes on me, little oh defenceless me who always need rescuing because I don't have a quirk.

"Are you alright?" They asked, patting my back.

I only sighed. At this rate, I feel like I'm the worst person there is, always needing rescue. "Yea, thanks for handling them."

They grin at me, before playfully smacking my back. Me, a quirkless normie, flinched because I don't have any mutated genetics to take their punch like a manly woman.

In all honesty, I appreciate them a lot.

"Pass your homework. Don't make me repeat myself," he stated, voice muffled with the bird mask on.

Students murmured to themselves, as they passed their homeworks. I concealed my face with a book, making a poor attempt to not hear what he said, incoherently mumbling to myself as I wanted to soundlessly bang my head in the table.

A tap from my shoulder distracted my from my supposed ritual and handed me a paper. I took the said note and opened to reveal my forged handwriting and the said homework. In pure delight and bewilderment, I turned to Y/N who was seated behind me and gaped at her. They only gave me a thumbs up and a grin. This person, I swear.

"What about yours?" I whispered to them, worried about their own homework.

"Don't worry, I made two," they say, showing another one.

With nothing to lose, I passed "my" homework to Overhaul, before sheepishly returning to my seat.

When the passing of the homework was done, we were all seated in silence. It was hella awkward, to say the least, and one student tapping their own pen against the table wasn't helping. And then, some of my classmates started to murmur.