What's mine (Overhaul Vs. Reader)

Despite being the legitimate grandchild of the head Yakuza, you didn't inherited the leadership.

It was inherited by a random trash can he found by the dumpster.

That boy, I tell you, is full of himself. You have no idea how he got himself as the leader of the association, that was suppose to be yours.

Why didn't you inherited it? You don't know, but you have assumptions.

Was it because you accidentally killed his daughter? That whore had it coming, and you can't even feel remorse for her death.

Grandpops seems to be reluctant to keep you, but he did. That thing is, he never bothered to glance at your direction.

He always found himself looking away when you speak to him, his replies were short and dismissive.

You know, for a man whose being looked up as the father figure of the association, he can't even spare a glance to look at his legitimate grandchild.

A lonely, isolated grandchild who he often blamed for the death of her daughter when the child's quirk manifested and accidentally killed her. And they didn't even felt remorse.

Is it their fault that they can't feel remorse for the person whom they accidentally killed because she attacked her first? s it their fault that they can't feel remorse for the person whom they accidentally killed because she had the intention to kill them? Her own daughter? To rid herself from this burden?

You yearned for attention all your life. No, you're not narcissistic. Just touch deprived, loveless. You tried your best to get along with everybody, yet they seem to be more attached to Kai when he came.

Your friend Hari was always there for you, comforting you in your every troubles. He was so kind that you can't seem to draw your eyes away from him. You caught feelings for the boy. But then Kai came, you found Hari slipping away from your fingertips.

"Hey! It's no fair!" Hari's five year old self whined, as he watched you hit the ball with the croquet mallet and immediately got it in the targets in one try. "How are you good with these?"

You shrugged, enjoying his attention. "Practice, I guess."

"Hey," he glanced up. "Isn't that the new kid?" You hummed in confusion, glancing to where he was pointing. Kai...

Before you can respond, Hari was bolting before Kai, dropping the mallet beside you.

"H-Hari wait—"

"I'll catch up with you later! You can practice croquet if you'd like! Be perfecter at it!" Your fingers slipped off the mallet's handle, dropping it to your feet. You can't even bother to feel the pain, because the emotional pain of another possible abandonment your witnessing.

He just suddenly ditched you. Just like that. Just because Kai was there.

Everyone pays attention to Kai.

And after Grandpops fell into a coma, you expected to inherit the association, be the head of the association even... But Kai, Overhaul, whatever he calls himself, proclaimed that he will be the leader.

A lot of the members agreed for him to be the leader, praising him.

You just can't get it. You were better than he is, why can't they notice you instead?

You are the legitimate grandchild of Pops, you are the best at handling guns, you are better in terms of leading a group than him.

You are better than he is.

And yet here they were, swooning over Kai, kissing his ass.