Severe Amnesia (Part Three)

Three years and I have nothing to show for it, I'm as good as dead at this point. Empty threats and blunt knives aimed at me, holding me down. Everyone around me is trying to force me to love him; there's a boy I love that he claims to be.

Goddamn it Newt, just show yourself already, I'm here waiting for you, your Tommy. Maybe you left; I'm still paralysed.

—|—

Heartbroken. That's all Newt was, the people above had manipulated Thomas somehow after he had regained all his memories and he wasn't paralysed anymore. They changed him so he thought he still remembered everything, still thought he was paralysed, changed his thoughts of Newt.

After all this time of trying and trying to get Thomas to respond, it happened after a few months, Newt and Thomas had built a relationship. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that they had changed Thomas.

Time had become precious and also a mystery. Used by the wrong people to do stupid things for their own benefit. Yeah sure they could save humanity, but at the expense of love and life. One saves millions is not always the case.

However, in this case it is; Newt knows this is his last meeting with Thomas...ever.

—|—

Slowly but calmly, Newt entered the room in which Thomas' practically dead body was held. Newt sensed Thomas' eyes moved, the only recognition of life, one sign to prove that death wasn't yet ready to claim its easiest victim.

Tears rolled effortlessly down Newt's cheeks, catching in his mouth and creating a salty taste to coat his tongue.

After silently breaking down for a few seconds, Newt made his way to where Thomas lay, the lifeless body holding the tampered, innocent, broken soul. Empty wishes of escape flew through Newt's mind; useless and impossible.

Resting at Thomas' side, Newt leaned over Thomas' head so Thomas could see Newt's face. Thomas' eyes hinted recognition and then disgust. Giving up, Newt broke down and collapsed within himself, he heard the alarm and the guards rush in, but he wouldn't will himself to go. Instead, Newt screamed to stay and try something to save their precious specimen.

Silence and then movement, leaving Newt alone with Thomas once more. Wiping away the moisture resting on his smooth skin, Newt walked over to the body and once again leaned over it.

But instead of simply resting at Thomas' side and talking to him, knowing he could hear, Newt bent down more and kissed Thomas. What surprised Newt is the slight reaction he got back, the ever so slight open of Thomas' mouth.

One word was all that escaped Newt's mouth before he started going into a panic attack.

"Tommy."

Just before Newt was dragged out of the room a response made him calm and made every guard freeze where they stood.

"N-Newt-tie."

Sure it was only his nickname and it was almost silent and extremely raspy, but it was Thomas speaking, something he had done only for a week after he woke up, reciting every memory, after that he never spoke again. But now words were rushing out of both their mouths.

"I love you."

Repeated and repeated the three words strung out to each of their ears again and again. Flying out of each other's mouths signalled to the other. Immediately the guards sprang into action, taking Newt away, afraid they could loose their jobs for letting Newt stay that long because they were frozen and weren't taking action.

—|—

After many more years, Newt was gone and out in the wild, barren and silent, lonely, lifeless, and lost.

Lost.

All Newt felt was lost. Lost in this huge world of nothing, lost in his broken mind and memories, taunting him every day. Lost in the constant reminder of his Tommy, lost in the scent that hung around him, reminding him of Thomas and the facility. Lost in his own body, foreign to him. Lost soul, lost cause, lost.

Lost.

Being lost was something Newt couldn't take, not anymore, after so many years of not being found of being practically abandoned. He knew not to seek for anything, not to love again, just to be.

But he didn't want to be anymore, not now, not then, not soon, not again, not ever. Maybe it'd be better if humanity would kill off the weak ones.

Dead.

Thomas, greeted by an angel, Thomas, it's him, it's Tommy.

Angels in the clouds, keeping up hobbies of being stars, shining over a world lost of humans and emotion. Eyes closing every night, wrapped in each other's arms.

Newt and Thomas were reunited and in love once again. Forever.

No more amnesia.

a/n: i think i'm going to end this book either now or after a few more chapters because i've got loads of ideas but they don't include this ship and i really want to have some stuff on my oc's and stuff, so this might be goodbye for this book, i don't know if or when i'll be uploading another book or anything but i've got a few drafts that i want to work on.