Unknown: Is he your boyfriend?

Bree: That is none of your concern. Now have a good night.

I partied some more and finally danced with Ash once she got rid of her grandpa.

When it was time to drop me home Ace didn't want to drop me off down the street from my house. It was well after 2 am and for once I could see he was not as heartless as he seem. He asked Ash to keep the car doors locked and followed me up the street to my house. We walked in silence for a bit and it was awkward as hell. At least on my end it felt awkward.

When we got to my house he paused. "Lyla, Am sorry."

"My name isn't-"

"I know."

"Then why do you keep calling me that? I don't like it"

"I just don't want to call you like everyone else does"

"It's my name Ace. Use it or don't call me at all." He smirked.

"Okay Lyla."

"Urgh!! You're so frustrating"

I walked around the back to climb to my window and noticed that I forgot to put a ladder in place to climb back up. How stupid can I be?

"What's wrong?" Ace asked from behind me.

"I forgot to put a ladder there To help me back into my room" I sighed. I am definitely gonna die. My mom is gonna kill me if I have to wake her up. First things first, she didn't even know I snuck out. Ace spoke once more bringing me from my thought of planning my will in my head.

"Here, I'll give you a boost." He said and I had to hide how relieved I felt at his suggestion and when he tried to touch me, I involuntarily flinched. "Lyla, i'm not gonna hurt you" he said.

"How would I know that? Last time-"

"Last time I was just messing around with you okay? I didn't know you would react that way, most girls actually like that sh*t."

"Well I didn't"

"I know, and I'm sorry for what I did to you."

"Which part?"

"Everything except the kiss"

"But-"

"I'm not sorry I kissed you Lyla. And if you didn't hit so damn hard I'd do it again" he said drawing near to me once more but I stepped back to put some space between us.

"Why are you like this Ace?" I asked and he sighed deeply.

"I don't know okay?, I don't know, there's just something about you that drives me so crazy"

"Is it because I'm a challenge?"

"Could be"

"Well you need to give up cause I'm not gonna budge."

"We'll see" he remarked and the smirk was back on his face once more. I rolled my eyes and looked at my bedroom windows once more.

"You can give me a boost now" I said and he lift me unto his strong shoulders as if I weighed nothing. I climbed onto my balcony and went inside my room. I peeked out once more and waved Ace good bye. He left and I went to brush my teeth and change into my jammies before going to bed.

The following morning after getting ready for school, I made my way downstairs to see my mom preparing breakfast. I was walking on 'eggshells' the whole way. My mom was busy humming a tune as she made pancakes but it just made my heart pound loudly in my chest. My conscience was bugging me. The song she was humming made me feel even worst, 'He sees and knows'. I felt so guilty that for the first time in my seventeen years of life, I actually helped my mom make breakfast. Of course she questioned me about it but I just told her she looked like she needed help.