Twenty-One: you and me both then...

Start from the beginning

"I'll see if Mia has something." I smiled at her and the corners of her mouth tugged up. There was that smile again, the kind where she looked like she didn't deserve to smile. God, I just want to pull her against me and whisper into her neck the she deserves every fucking bit of happiness on the globe.

I walked into Mia's room, which was messy as always. I opened her closet, trying to find something comfy for Isabella to wear but nothing in my sister's closet screamed comfy. Mia, are you freaking serious, do you not own anything other than fucking crop tops? Like for example, I don't know a sweater or a T-shirt that at least covers up your tits and doesn't look like a washing machine accident! I cussed at Mia mentally, quickly combing through her closet with one hand because I knew for sure my hand was broken as the pain got worse by the minute. All I could find that looked somehow comfortable and appropriate, was a pair of black leggings.

Exiting her room, I disappeared in mine and took out a plain black T-shirt from my dresser, which was indeed as broken as my hand. When I walked back out Isabella turned around, her piercing eyes looking at the black mess of clothes in my hand. 

"Here." I smiled as I pushed her new outfit into her free hand while the other desperately held onto the towel. "I'll leave you to change."

I walked into the bathroom and the first sight were her clothes in a pile on the floor. I picked them up and threw them in the laundry. Minutes after I took off mine and threw them on top of hers in the basket. I didn't even need to question why she asked fir clothes, I get why she didn't want to wear her's.

I stepped into the shower turning on the faucet, the water instantly burned my skin and I almost slipped and broke my neck trying to avoid getting cooked. I shook my head, confused but in the process of shaking it I realized Bella had been showering before me.Freaking hell, who showers like that! This is hot enough to get first degree burns! I cursed quickly trying to turn the handle to cold. When the temperature was optimal, not too cold, not to freaking boiling hot I stepped underneath letting the water glide over my skin. I hissed as the water made the cut on my face sting and my busted knuckles burns.

After my shower I stood in front of the mirror. I frowned my brows and put my lips in a straight line as I stared through my eyelashes at my reflection. My hair still wet and messy, the cut on my face clean but bruised and the skin under my eyes dark. I sighed deeply when I pushed my hair back putting it out of my face. I'm such an idiot. The girl I like is sitting in the other room and I can't make a move because she'll only push me away more. The one girl I actually want, doesn't want me.

In my boxers I walk into the living room, grabbing and icepack from the freezer in the kitchen. I winced the second the ice touched my broken had. Great! I knocked at the door of my room making sure she was dressed.

"Can I come in?" I asked and an exhausted girl opened the door. Her gaze didn't leave mine, as I walked over to my dresser. I quickly put on some shorts and grey t-shirt while juggling with the icepack, not wanting to disturb her any longer than necessary. I looked at her and her skin was still blushed reminding me I nearly got burned in the shower. Why does she do that? I let my eyes glide over my black t-shirt she was wearing, and it suited her. Even like this she drives me crazy.

I never thought I would actually like giving a girl my clothes. My one night stands always wanted to steal them for some reason like they're a fucking trophy. Her eyes were following my every move while she sat down on the bed, letting her legs hand off the edge. Even though for a moment we just looked at each other, eyeing each other up, there was nothing romantic about this moment considering what she went through.

"I'll let you get some rest now. You shouldn't go to class tomorrow. Sleep in as long as you want." I said walking towards the door.

"When do you leave for class tomorrow?" She almost whispered, her full lips parted when she looked at me.