I close my eyes and hiss as a sharp pain shoots through my head. 

"What hurts the most?" She asks.

I really don't want to think about what hurts the most, but I lift my hand up and twist it to where I can point to my head.

"Your head? Did you hit your head? Is that why you fell?"

A slight nod.

"Did something fall on your head?"

I shake my head.

"But you hit your head," she says again, just confirming what I said before. "At least you can remember it."

I open my eyes again to look at her. "Korean?" I whisper as loudly as I can.

She smiles. "I'm not Korean, but I know the language pretty well. I knew you would feel less freaked out if someone spoke to you in a language you understand and...I didn't know if you knew English at all."

I shake my head. "I'm...l...lear--"

"You're learning?" She smiles. "In school?"

I know by this point that she's trying to keep me awake.

I shake my head. "Fr...iend."

"Are they also Korean?"

I nod.

"Girl or boy?"

I smile. "Boy," I whisper, Soobin coming to my mind.

Fuck, I hope he's alright.

"Well, he's lucky to have such a sweet boy for a friend," she tells me.

"H....he.....wa..s....in--"

She looks at me. "He was in the explosion as well?"

I nod.

I watch as her face twitches, but only slightly. I can tell that she's holding something back from me. "Well, I hope your friend is alright."

"Wh...ere?"

She looks down. "There are two other ambulances. He's probably in one of those."

Another tear slides down my face as I turn my head back so I can stare up at the top of the ambulance. 

Please, be okay.

Please, be okay.

Please, be okay.

☠ ☠ ☠

Y/N's POV

Please, be okay.

Please, be okay.

I speed walk through the waiting room and up to the desk. "Choi Yeonjun? C-H-O-I-Y-E-O-N-J-U-N," I spell for her.

The lady at the desk types a few things into her computer. "We don't have a Choi Yeonjun, but we do have a Kim Yeonjun. That's the name the boy gave us."

A breathy sob leaves my lips. "That's him. Is he awake? Can I see him?"

"You're family?"

"I'm his guardian," I nod.

She nods back at me. "Right now, the doctors are trying to keep him awake just in case he has a concussion, which is very very likely, but no one is allowed in his room yet," she informs me, making my heart drop. "But at least he's awake and that's what matters. I'm sure you'll be allowed in once they know for sure what's going on with him." She pauses before pursing her lips and telling me more. "You should know that when he came in, he was not in the best shape. He was screaming and he was in a lot of pain."

I bite my lip to try to keep myself from crying. "Do you know anything else? Is there even the slightest bit of information that you could tell me about his condition?"

She gives me a look of sympathy before looking behind her, then clicking a few things on her computer. "They are currently looking into multiple broken bones including a couple ribs, arm, spine, foot and--" she suddenly stops, her eyes widening. 

"What? What is it?"

"All it says here is head trauma, but the fact that it's listed under broken bones is what worries me," she answers honestly.

I run my fingers anxiously through my hair, digging into my scalp. "Are you saying that he has a broken skull?"

She gives me a small smile. "It's not confirmed and even if it is true, the fact that he's awake is a good sign."

I swallow thickly and nod. "Anything else?"

"Whiplash, muscle strain, some torn ligaments, major splintering, and some glass injuries. That's all that's on here," she nods.

"Oh, that's all, huh," I answer in a panic. 

"Don't worry. The doctors here know what they're doing. And we have Sabine in there with him keeping him company so he stays awake. She's one of the two people here that can speak Korean," she informs me. "She's making him feel really comfortable. He has calmed down quite a bit since he got here."

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my heavily beating heart. "Please let me know when I can go in."

She gives me a nod and I turn to sit down.

I sigh and pull my phone out of my pocket. 

Shit, am I really about to do this?

⤷Contacts
⤷Jeon Jeongguk
⤷Call?

I look at my phone for a few seconds before reluctantly dialing his number. He answers after the third ring.

"Y/N..." he speaks slowly. "What's wrong?"

"H-how do you know something's wrong," I stutter.

"You never call me," he responds.

I bite my lip as a sob leaves my throat and I cover my face with my free hand.

"You're scaring me," he whispers into the phone.

I must look like a crazy person to the people around me. I mean, except, this is a hospital. I'm sure others cry in this waiting room all the time.

"I'm at the hospital right now," I speak as stable as possible.

"YOU'RE WHAT? ARE YOU OKAY?" He yells into the phone. "Which hospital? I'm on my way."

I sigh. "It's Yeonjun and I'll drop a pin," I say and I hang up.

☠ ☠ ☠

So, originally I was gonna make it a dream...

but i changed my mind hehe

i thought it would make for a better plot

i'm sorry :(

~JJ