Another One Dies But In Another Universe (Part 1)

Insane laughter.

The laughter was driving him insane too.

"Didn't someone teach you to greet others?" The voice with the sick laughter said.

A knife came upon his face. Making two lines on each side of his face. Forming a bloody, wide smile.

"Oh goody! Would you look at the time! Guess Batsy won't get here in time! Here's a little gift!"

Robin opened his eyes slightly once he heard his footsteps go away. There he saw a bomb, ticking down, slowly but quickly enough. Robin started gathering thoughts on how he would escape or if Batman would get there in time. He flipped himself over on the floor and looped his hands through his legs, the handcuffs in front of him. He stood up to walk, but immediately fell to the ground barely taking a step.

Calculating his thoughts, Robin closed his eyes accepting his fate. Accepting that he wasn't going to be able to be saved. Accepting that he wasn't going to be able to say goodbye to anyone but say hello to his parents who also weren't able to say goodbye either.

Guess they didn't expect him to reunite with him six years later.

He slowly let himself fall into the darkness. Hearing the roaring of a what might have been the Batmobile, but soon an explosion replaced the roaring.

--

Batman hurried his way to the warehouse. He quickly jumped out of the Batmobile. Like he had triggered a trap, the warehouse exploded.

His eyes widen. He ran towards the now destroyed warehouse, and looked through the broken pieces. Picking up the debris scattered around, not caring that the sharpest of the debris cut through his suit leaving tears, he saw a yellow and black cape. Going quicker than before, he saw Robin's body.

Not breathing. Not alive. All bloody. Beat up. Lifeless. Dead. With a crowbar right beside him.

No. No. No. No. No.

Batman stood there frozen, cradling the corspe. He picked the dead body up, still shocked, wondering how anyone would take the death of the boy that many grew to love.

Wondering if the boy would be alive if he had gotten here in time, he went back to the Batmobile the expression still held on his face.

-----

Batknight, Shadow, Spoiler, Black Bat, Red X (I'll explain later), and Red Robin came into the cave to find Batman hunched over something bulky.

"Father?" Shadow asked. "Has anything happened recently?"

Bruce didn't answer, Damian asked once more to receive nothing once again.

The suspense and tension growing so thick in the air that you could cut it with a butter knife; Jason feeling mighty uncomfortable, decided to ask, "Where's Dickiebird? Is he asleep?" The bats noticed how Bruce's muscles tensed. Bruce was still, silent. Sliding a bloody crowbar to the side, still hunched over the bulky, white covers.

Terry stared at the red tinted crowbar, "Did.... Was there a murder?" Bruce chuckled darkly. "Guess you could say that." Steph frowned and looked at the crowbar, "Do you know who was the victim?" Bruce turned his head to stare at crowbar, that stare soon turned to a glare. "Yes, his body is right here." His voice wavered a bit, which didn't go unnoticed.

Bruce stood up from his spot, "I... I'm going to... take a nap... or at least try to relax."

The bats stared as Bruce left the batcave. "It must be really bad what happened to the person if Bruce is acting like this." Muttered Tim.

"Sooo... Who's going to take the covers off?" Asked Jason. Terry, feeling responsible for his younger sibling volunteered to do it. Slowly but quickly Terry took the cover off.

Gasps came from everyone, tears welling up in their eyes. There layed their little brother. The boy so full of life and energy, now dead, no life or energy within him, just motionless and dead. So pale, paler than the sheets that covered him.

Stephanie was the first to get out of the cave, her sobs could still be hearf. Followed by Cassandra and the rest, Jason being the last. The house that was once full of life and energy because of one person, was now full of devastation and tears.

Jason stared at the lifeless body wishing it was him. His brother didn't deserve this, not one bit. His brother could make anyone smile. He never did like being the youngest, but now he was the youngest once again. Jason turned around to leave the batcavr and slammed shut his door once he got to his room, crying himself to sleep in the first time in many years.

--

There will be a Part 2 for certain, maybe a Part 3. My ideas have ran out while trying to write more. Merry Christmas, though. Two or three more days depending on which one is the main one you do. Sorry, for not updating that much.