66) A Pocketful of Sunshine (A Sweet Escape)

"You can leave us now Yota." Obito said, as Kardama's blood boiled, looking at the scene in front of him.

"Why in the hell would you do that?!" Kardama asked in anger, as Obito caught the unconscious girl he loved.
"And to someone you supposedly love! You don't deserve (Y/N)!" He seethed.
"You don't deserve her love! You're worse than scum." He growled as Obito looked at her.

"You can save your pathetic breath; It's wasted on me." He said as he caressed (Y/N)'s face.

"Don't touch her." He threatened through gritted teeth as Obito chuckled.

"What can you really do about it huh? Why don't you just shut it before I torture you for the rest of your days."

"Take it from someone who actually knows the concept of love, I'd take years of this imprisonment and all the torture in the world for that girl's safety." Kardama spat while pointing at (Y/N) as Obito chuckled.

"Say what you must, but you're starting to annoy me." He said,
"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." He said before he captivated Kardama into his genjutsu again, making him fall to his knees in a trance.
"Finally, some peace."

Obito looked back at (Y/N), as he frowned.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)..." he said softly, as he held her in his arms.
"I do love you, and I'm sure I always will." He added.
"I can't bring myself to... What I mean is... Well I uh... Guess what I'm trying to say is I've hurt you. That loud mouthed Otoko was right. I am worse than scum. It seems that in this story of your life, I have become the villain. My hatred for Kakashi seems to have gotten the better of me. I hate him so much for taking away the two girls I have ever cared about. That part wasn't a lie... I hate him, but even then, I'm not sure I could really bring myself to kill him either... Hurt him? Yes. But kill him I-" He clenched his fists and growled in anger.
"Stupid Kakashi." He spat, before looking back down at her, trying to find a sense of peace again.
"But you were right, I should have spoken up sooner. I should have came home. In the beginning I would have, I tried. I promise. But like I've concluded, to you and the rest of the world, I'm just the bad guy... We never truly get our happy endings, do we?" He asked with a chuckle.
"I needed you to hate me, I figured if I saw hatred in your eyes, it would burn a hole in my heart, but unfortunately for me I could only see betrayal in those big beautiful eyes of yours." He frowned.
"Which is why I wiped this memory of yours in hopes that we never face each other on the battlefield. I hope that we never cross paths, or come to a point where you find out again just who I am. I hope to stay in the shadows, and when the time comes, after I've won or lost this war I will fight, when I die, I hope it's alone like it should have been. A death fitted for a villain huh?" He asked.
"I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me... Well, I hope the part of you that I have forever locked away can forgive me. I hope that you'll still think of me. And I hope that you love me, however you wish that is." He frowned, before letting out a sharp sigh. He planted a kiss on her lips, then on her forehead, before getting up and placing her in Kardama's arms. He released Kardama from his jutsu, as Kardama's eyes widened.

"W-why did you-"

"She doesn't deserve the things she was put through here. She is to never know the vile things Hidan put her through, nor this encounter. Do you understand? Or do I need to erase your mind too?" Obito challenged as Kardama frowned.

"What about-"

"Like I told you under my trance." Obito said with a sigh.
"She remembers what she needs to from here on out. She has no recollection of who I am, other than I am Tobi, and her encounters with us is blurry. She is not to remember what Hidan did to her. She knows you're alive. And she remembers everything she needs too." He said somewhat bitter, before opening the cell.