27) The Man in the Woods

There she is. The legendary (Y/N) Otoko, of the Hidden Leaf. I can't believe I finally found you. He thought to himself, as he slowly moved in, ready to make his presents known.

* * *

After a few weeks of small lone, pointless missions, Minato Sensei sent me on an even smaller mission to pick up a certain medicinal herb, which grew outside the gates of Konoha.

Why he can't get a Gennin or Chūnin to do this, is beyond me. But hey, a mission is still a mission.

The only reason I've been on small missions recently is because Kakashi has been instructed to watch over Kushina, to protect her if need be. She is the nine tails jinchurki, after all. And Minato believes that I too, need to stay close, just in case she does need help. This is why I am now looking for this stupid flower, instead of being on some cooler, high ranked mission.

"Okay let's see... If I was a medicinal herb like the Jofuku, where would I hide?" I asked myself out loud.
"Oh where, oh where, are you Jofuku? Oh where, oh where could you be?" I sang to myself, as I looked around for the flower.

Did Jofuku? No... But Kakashi did last night! Ba dum tsk... I chuckled at myself at my own stupidity.

"Ah I'm an idiot..." I mumbled, smiling to myself.

"I believe that the Jofuku is right next to that tree!" Someone said, making me jump out of my skin. I quickly turned around to yell at the bastard who dared to sneak behind me, but I soon realized, it was no one I had seen before. I quickly whipped out my kunai, and pointed it towards him, as he raised his arms in surrender.
"Whoah, easy woman! I am not here to cause any trouble." He said chuckling nervously, as I raised an eyebrow.

He had long light brown hair that went to his mid back, with an olive tan complexion. He had the prettiest blue-green eyes, I had ever seen. He looked to be about Kakashi's height, as well had his body type, maybe just slightly more muscular. He had a cute smile, and looked to be friendly, but then again, you can never be too careful.

"Who are you? And what business do you have near the Hidden Leaf?" I asked him coldly. It's not that I wanted to be mean; travelers are always welcome, but never at this exact spot.

"My name is Kardama. I don't believe last names are important, unless I find what I have been looking for." He said, as I raised an eyebrow.

"Which is what exactly?" I asked.

"I'm looking for someone actually; maybe you know where they are." He said, as I lowered my kunai, but kept it close.

"Depends on who they are and what you need them for." I said, making him chuckle.

"I'm afraid I can only tell them that." He said and I sighed.

"You're not making this very easy for me Kardama." I said, as he nodded.

"I do apologize." He said, as I shrugged it off.

"Okay. Well then why are you over here instead of at the gates? You do realize, even if you're innocent, it seems pretty sketchy to me that you came all this way, instead of the entrance." I said, as he gave me a warm smile, while rubbing the back of his neck.

"I do apologize. I tend to get lost a lot. I guess I came off the wrong trail." He said giving an awkward laugh, and a closed eye smile.

His story? I'm not buying it.

"Riighhttt... Well, where did you come from?" I asked as he smiled.

"Someone seems very curious to get to know me." He said and I rolled my eyes, scoffing.