46) A Past Mistake

"So let me get this straight? The Hokage of the Hidden Leaf village sent two ninja, and three children to protect me?" Mayori asked, with an eyebrow raised, before letting out a sharp sigh. Naruto let out a grunt, as his eyes began to twitch.
"I guess the old man really has gone senile." He muttered, making Kakashi awkwardly chuckle, while I just stared the man down.

Mayori Kazu was definitely a gorgeous man, not as gorgeous as Kakashi, but he was cute, there was no denying that. He had shaggy blue hair that nearly touched his shoulders, and these caramel brown eyes that resembled mocha coffee. There was a light scar that was above the right corner of his lip, as well as one on the side of his neck. He had a sharp jawline that could cut even the sharpest shuriken in half. He looked strong, like he didn't need any escorts or body guards. Any ninja would be intimidated by his appearance, but I've taken down men bigger than him throughout my life. After all the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

I watched as he looked over at Kakashi, before looking at me. He smirked at me before winking, making me look at him weird, and heat rose to my cheeks.

Oh great, he caught me staring... Now he's gonna think that I like him...

"What are you looking at?" He asked cockily, as I gave an awkward laugh and Naruto let out a growl.

"Noth-"

"HEY!" Naruto shouted angrily, while pointing at Mayori.
"Who are you calling children?! You see this headband?!" He said, using his thumb to point at his forehead protector.

"Yeah, what about it?" Mayori asked unimpressed.

"That means I'm Konaha's best shinobi! And that I'm one step closer to being the future Hokage!" He said, as I bit my lip to stop the smirk that was coming to my face.

"Right... I'm sorry." He said with a warm smile making Naruto look at him confused. He walked over to Naruto and put his hand on his head, ruffling his hair in an obnoxious way.

"You're-"

"Two kids and a little brat, is much more fitting." Mayori copped back. Naruto went to charge at Mayori.

"WHAAAAAT?! WHO YOU CALLING A LITTLE BRAT?!" Naruto asked in anger, as Sasuke and Sakura got closer to him, showcasing his lack in height.
"LISTEN HERE YOU BLUE-" I quickly grabbed Naruto and covered his mouth, as he struggled around in my arms, trying to get words passed his covered mouth, as I let out an awkward laugh.

"Naruto, your job is to protect the client, not try and attack him." I said in a scolding tone, making him look up at me and grunt before calming down. I removed my hand from his mouth, let him go, and watched as he glared at Mayori.

Wow... He actually listened...

"No please, I would rather enjoy hearing what the little runt has to say." Mayori said with a chuckle, while crossing his arms in amusement.

"THAT'S IT!!!" Naruto yelled before trying to charge at Mayori again. I quickly grabbed Naruto's wrist, pulling his back against my front side, to tighten my grip around Naruto's mouth, while he struggled to break free.

"I do apologize Mayori Kazu!" I said quickly, as I clamped my hand on Naruto's mouth harder. I leaned down to Naruto's ear.
"I know he's kind of jerky, but you need to calm down. Ignore him Naruto; he's just trying to make you angry." I whispered, before standing straight up again.
"What Naruto was trying to say, is that Lord Third knew exactly who to pick for this mission. Kakashi and I are former captains of the Anbu. I guarantee you'll be safe with us. I also asked for our students to come along, in hopes to train these three into becoming the most certified future leaf shinobi. I don't want to come off arrogant but you are in very capable hands sir." I said, as I let go of Naruto who huffed.