Sacrifice (part 1)

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Demetri's POV***

My family is an anomaly. My parents are the previous Alpha Grey, 42 and Luna Shaela, 41. They have four children, pretty uncommon among wolves.

I have twin sisters, Arianna and Isabelle who are 10. They are fraternal and complete opposites. My brother, Alex, as we call him, is my identical twin. Born mere minutes apart, we were both rightfully successors to our father's Alpha title.

On the day of our 16th birthdays our parents brought us to my dad's office to discuss the future of our pack. This is the day our destiny, as leaders, was set to begin....

***flashback***

"Demetri, Alex" my mother called. We immediately presented ourselves for whatever task she may need us for.

"Your Father and I would like the two of you to come to his office, as we have important pack business involving the two of you."

I used my mind link to contact Alex even tho we were side by side:

"You didn't get into any trouble at school today, right?" I spoke.

"No Demetri, I'm surprised you even asked!" Alex responds (Alex never got into trouble.)

"Sorry Alex, I didn't mean to offend you, just nervous as to why we are both being pulled into Dad's office" I explained my question.

"No offense taken, I know you are anxious, I can feel what you feel, remember?" Alex assuages.

He's right, being identical gives us some bonus perks. He always knows what I am feeling and I can feel his emotions as well. The same goes for pain. Much like having a mate, their is an invisible string attached to us both that makes our mind link work better than most. We can be miles apart and we have no disconnect. Unfortunately, sometimes we both wish we could have a little more privacy in our own personal space.

We walked upstairs and greeted our dad with his official title, considering this is official pack business.

Simultaneously, we both said "Good evening Alpha."

Our dad let out a small chuckle and said "So formal, please take a seat."

Our Mom came in and closed the door and placed a kiss on each our heads before saying:

"Boys, it's not necessary to address us as Alpha and Luna in the confides of our home, Mom and Dad will suffice."

"Yes Mom" we say in unison.

Dad looked us both straight in the eyes and began

" As you know, you two are coming of age and will need to step into your roles within our pack very soon". "I'm not getting any younger, and I still have your sisters to take care of." "With that said, we have an extremely unique situation to address."

Mom looked at both of us from the corner of dad's desk, where she had created herself a seat.

"As you are both the first born sons, you have equal rights to the Alpha position" Dad states.

We both continued to listen, as we knew this would eventually be a topic of conversation.

My Dad continued "So we have to make difficult decisions to benefit the pack".

"Fortunately, you both are equals in every facet. You are both strong, intelligent and kind. All great traits for an Alpha."

I don't envy my dad in this moment. He was about to make one of his sons extremely happy and the other would be eternally disappointed.

"Your mother and I have been debating this for years and we think we have come up with a list of possibilities that could make you both happy" Dad said.

Mom started to talk but got teary eyed, because she's always been our soft hearted mother, so dad proceeded.

"Option A: You could fight for the position, which I'm not particularly fond of. "

"Option B: we could contact other wolf packs that have lost their Alpha and one of you could offer to take over, of course this will be the ultimate decision of council. "

Option C: We could be the first pack in history to rule with two Alphas."

I wasn't ready to make this decision. It was too soon and none of these options were looking appealing.

A. would leave me fighting the closest person I have, who I love and would not harm.

B. splits us up and I selfishly wanted to always have Alex by my side.

C. sounds good but I'm afraid the pack would not be able to submit to two leaders. This is a rather complicated situation.