𝟬𝟲. all in the gutter

Start from the beginning

     "Don't move."

     Maybe she spoke too soon.

     Bellamy pointed the gun at the Grounder, although he had a feeling he knew exactly who it was. He maintained his position and unwavering aim. Elliot stopped, thinking of ways to get him out of her sight. She wasn't tense like he expected her to be. Hell, she almost seemed relaxed, but that didn't scare him. Maybe. He wasn't sure. She often makes him feel unsure of his decisions.

     She slowly turned around to face him, and Bellamy silently gulped when he came face to face with her once again. The moonlight shone against half of her face. Her icy blue eye glinted at the tiniest dim light that hit it. Underneath all of that, he could sense the fury she tried so hard to hide in them.

     "What are you doing here?" Bellamy hissed, threatening to use the rifle even though he knew he wasn't going to shoot her. She didn't say anything, but she did take a small step backward. "Don't do anything funny, Grounder."

     He couldn't even move an inch for some reason. Tonight, he was out there to look for his friends. Not get himself into another predicament with this angel-devil thing he'd come to know. The radio in his hand suddenly crackled to life, and Bellamy glanced between the woman and the device.

   "I'll let you off this time," He grunted, keeping his eyes on her like she'd suddenly jump at him with a knife.

     Elliot didn't waste any time running off into the darkness of the forest. It almost seemed like fate was messing with them. They always seem to bump into each other at uncertain times. Until now, the Grounder and the man from the sky still weren't sure how to feel about it.

     Going back to her sole mission━something that Lincoln had assigned her to do before he left to do his own━Elliot began to race to the other side of the mountain. Silently, she crept around the tree line, seeing some Reapers feasting on a huge deer in the middle of the forest. Her heart pounded against her ribcage. Not from fear, but from the fact that she was encountering someone she once knew before they went mad.

     Elliot craned her neck to the side and she stepped out from behind the trees, unsheathing her sharp blades. The Reapers stood up, alarmed, but then realized it was only her. They looked at her like she was a flimsy prey, slowly preparing to maul her alive. She easily twirled her swords around as she cautiously paced around them.

     "Come on!" Elliot taunted. She circled them, already knowing where to run off when they decided to catch her. "Come and get me." 

     The Reapers let out an animalistic sound and started screaming at her. Then they bolted towards her and Elliot ran like hell.

     Just right on time, Elliot arrived on the other side of the mountain where a few Grounders camped in the dead of the night. She drew the Reapers close to them, as discreetly as she could without them noticing her presence. Just enough to avert the Reapers' attention to the Grounders that guarded the area. 

     That's when all hell broke loose.

     She merely killed one Reaper who came at her with a simple flick of her wrist that held her sword. Not wasting any time, she didn't look back when she started to run to her and Lincoln's designated meet-up place. Leaving the ravenous Reapers for her fellow Grounders to handle. 

     Hopefully, Lincoln did his job because she sure as hell did hers.

     Her journey went horribly wrong the moment another group of Reapers caught sight of her inside the dark tunnel. She wanted to avert their direction somewhere else, but currently, there was no other way around but straight ahead where they stood.

     Sure, she was a dangerous warrior, but when a group of Reapers finds you━you run like hell. Well, until you think you can handle all of them with only a sword and luck. No matter how strong she seemed to be, she didn't have the upper hand in this situation. But that will never change the fact that she was a killer and she had killed a lot of people. 

     Besides, some of these Reapers were once her old friends and acquaintances who fought alongside her in a few battles. That also meant they were strong and skilled. Big and buff, and they were thirsty for blood with no control at all. Only an eye for violence and death.

     She could already feel the exhaustion getting to her, but she continued to run like never before. Even when her knees just wanted to buckle down and give up. Elliot wasn't one to give up. She knows better than that. She was taught to fight through it no matter how hard it gets.

    Half an hour. It took her almost an hour to lose the Reapers in the maze of tunnels. The sun had already gone up when she exited the tunnel. Elliot fought through her strained muscles, hauling herself up on a sturdy branch of a tree. She needed a little rest. And food. Gods, she would kill for food. Quite literally.

    She was still human after all.

     Elliot sat there for a little while, just soaking in the fresh air and the silence while it lasted. By now, the army of Grounders was probably on the move to fight the sky people in their camp.  The only reason she was going to be there was because Lincoln would be, too. They promised to each other. They never break a promise.

      Gon life en gon det. To life and to death.

    Until their very last breath. Because they were different than most of the Grounders. They chose to care and fight at the same time. For a moral cause. Not because of some feud and such. Ever since they were little kids, the two had been inseparable, almost like siblings. Even though they argue sometimes, they always reconcile and try to understand each other.

     After all, the only family they had was each other, and family will always be family, no matter what happens.