Session 7 [Part 2]

A tightness settled in Y/N's chest. She knew she had to push for answers now. She needed a case. She could build her plan around that. It had been way too long.

"I think it's time for you to tell me everything" She said carefully. It felt as if the words were ripping at her throat, trying to stay down. "I can help you"

"I know" He mumbled, before shifting in his seat.

He took a deep breath and Y/N mentally prepared herself. Maybe this could help her figure a way to reduce his sentence. Maybe she could get Irene in there as well, but that would include dragging Wooyoung, Hongjoong, Seonghwa and everyone else down too. She had to think this through carefully.

"Before you begin." She says. "All of this is off record"

Relief seemed to wash over San as he let out a breath.

"For clearance, I did kill them. Some were planned, others were not." He said simply.

Y/N waited patiently. She knew how this was going to go. Even though she almost ripped the others in half, she knew he was bound to tell her everything,

"Irene was the one that pin-pointed who she wanted dead and I had an unhealthy obsession with being a good boyfriend" He said. "All normality was out the window ever since I was young. I seemed to forget about boundaries."

"You did it for her?" Y/N asked.

"For myself" He said. "I needed to prove something and I chose the wrong thing. I feel like all those murders are not mine. As if they were done by another person in the end. But I know I did it"

Y/N could see the regret seeping through his skin. He was never this expressive.

"I asked Hongjoong for help once I had finally plunged Lily" He said. "But he said there was nothing to be done"

Y/N could tell it kinda matched with what she knew.

"Then I ran to Seonghwa and for a while, it was like that. Then Jongho was in trouble and I wanted to help him. Wooyoung was having a blackmail problem and I couldn't help but bust in" San shook his head. "I even asked for Yunho's help"

Y/N only nodded at his words.

"Mingi wanted to stop me. He almost did. But Irene managed to get him off our backs." He said. "Then suddenly, we finished our last job and she began to feel the regret, the guilt. She ran off to the guys' dorm with me close behind. Suddenly, we were all neck-deep into whatever mess I had created."

"The guys were nice enough to help. They made a plan to keep me alive. Send me in, but I didn't know any of them. We were all strangers. That is until Jongho told me about Mingi and Irene and then Yeosang and Yunho... and... " He trailed off.

"You felt abandoned. As if this was not the plan" She said, with him nodding at her words.

A silence fell over them.

"Azalea is nowhere in our files, neither is her late sister" She said, only to catch herself at the wrong time.

"Azalea was Russian. All I know is that she came here running away from her family." San said, only for him to frown his eyebrows. "Is Laura alright?"

Y/N swallowed.

"She passed away recently" She said, her voice way thinner than it should be.

She wanted to say more but kept her mouth shut.

"I think you know everything by now" He said.

She shook her head. "I don't. San, I'm sorry than I'm asking you this but you are going to have to tell me almost every moment of every murder"