Pre-Session

"It's manipulation. Plain and simple, but effective manipulation. Many psychopaths and sociopaths use techniques that seem rather simple on paper. And they are quite easy to use. The hard part is noticing the advances and changes in circumstances."

The pen seemed to slide smoothly across the paper with no stopping.

"There is always a correlation between manipulation and emotional detachment. And most of you are going to say: Well yes, there is. Why though? Why can't someone manipulate a loved one?"

Y/N focused as her page filled up with words, arrows, squares, you name it.

"Let me phrase that differently. Why is it almost impossible to manipulate someone you hold dear, in a genuine way?"

The professor stopped. Y/N looked up.

"It comes down to this." He proceeded, sending the entire class into a state of relief. "Manipulation is toying with someone's thoughts and mannerisms. If you hold someone dearly, you wouldn't want to change said things. At least not to the extent it is usually taken to"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. Her pen stopped. The entire point of the lesson already lost. What were they getting at?

She lifted her eyes only to see a projected image on the board.

"Here is a rather clear example of manipulation using sexual appeal." The professor explained as he walked up a few steps. "Or the manipulator's attractiveness"

He sat down in one of the empty seats at the end of the row, everyone's eyes on the man.

"I want all of you to write a small set of paragraphs about your opinion on what's happening on the video, from how the walls look to the color of the doctor's heels." He said in a serious tone. "If you fell for the trap, you are sent back to Miss Conner's class"

Y/N felt her breath hitch in her throat. No one protested, nor did they move. This had happened the first day as well. The class dividing in half, all the students sent back to an old year class, borderline failing his.

Y/N could feel her heart speeding up as nerves pooled in her stomach.

The man pressed the button and the video rolled. A young woman was sitting right in the middle of an interrogation room. Clean, slick and high contrast. The metal wall not reflecting much even if there was quite the source of light.

The woman was going through a set of papers. Writing down something. Y/N focused on her. She was beautiful, she was to admit that. But something clicked in her head. Was she usually dolled up for work?

The woman shifted. Y/N blinked. Apparently, her answer was yes.

The door opened to reveal a young man. High charisma, high confidence, maybe even narcissism and a fine line. Y/N's jaw dropped as she recognized what was in front of them.

The universities research program.

Y/N coughed slightly as her gag reflex almost failed her. She straightened up.

The man's face was not really visible, but she would be lying if she said she couldn't perceive how handsome the man was.

"Good evening Mr. Choi," The woman said.

The man tilted his head.

"Good evening to you too, doctor," He said with a sly tone. His words were smooth and attention-grabbing.

"We are here to discuss the first official victim," The woman said.

Y/N's heart stopped as her eyes went wide.