Session 4

"What about it is so suspicious? He's been out for a while" Irene said as they climbed inside Irene's hilariously humongous car.

"The detective and the rookie talked about someone in the special unit force. It didn't sit well until I was in class" The car roared to life. "It all fit so well, I even doubted my theory"

"Okay, Stop for a second" Irene said as she turned towards Y/N, who was considerably taken aback. "If this theory so fits, why haven't you told anyone?"

Her mouth opened only to close soon thereafter. She was not even sure of how to articulate this specific idea without sounding like a complete lunatic for the hundredth time in her life.

"Mr. Choi did the crimes, but he has a backup group of people that are helping him stay where he is" She said, her tone wary as she knew her sentence was just as strange, "But not as a prisoner, most as alive and well"

Irene knitted her eyebrows together clearly confused. Y/N shook her head before straightening up.

"I'll let you sleep on it." She said wanting to cut the threat of confusion before it reached its doubting peak. "Dr. Song did sound urgent on that email."

"Safety first James" Dr. Song informed. "This is a way for them to come to terms with one another"

"But we won't have reviewable material" Professor James rightfully argued.

Irene's and Y/N's eyes traveled back to the doctor. They had come into a somewhat empty building to find only the professor and Dr. Song on the scene with the small reviewing room shut and locked.

"I trust her enough to get us what we need and I'm sure nothing will happen," He said.

Y/N's heart shot up in speed. Fear has grown like acid in her chest. Doubts of all kinds were reflected in her eyes as everyone slowly agreed.

"We'll be checking on what we have, begin the reports, we'll give them to Y/N later so she can do whatever magic she has and finally get this show going" Dr. Song instructed.

"What if something actually happens?" Y/N said suddenly, her tone distant as her eyes were focused on nothing. "After all, no one expected him to go semi-physical last time"

The hallways fell silent. Y/N's hearing seemed to muffle over as her childhood responses came back. Was she really ready to go back into that lion's cage? With no way of being safe?

Why didn't the stop it before it all went completely south?

The bubbled inside her head popped as her gaze flicked up to the researchers.

"Why did you call it off the moment he grabbed me?" She asked.

She was hurt, sure, but she was mostly curious at this point.

"I knew you could handle him," Irene said quickly. "I knew that you could win. So did Mingi"

His name sounded so wrong at this point, but she swallowed the bitterness and nodded.

"At least there's a glass wall between us," Y/N said with a small smile.

She didn't focus on anyone else as she got moving towards the elevators.

The gate opened with a very loud screech. The police officer guided her through the maze that was this place.

Stone tunnels that belonged to maybe old train stations or even catacombs extended before them. Each time finding a set of stairs that went lower and lower. She was kinda glad they only went two maybe three of these floors down.

The barely noticeable lighting and the humidity that had turned into full-on liquid stuck to the walls, making it all so much more unsettling. The smooth stone clicked against the officer's dress shoes. She was glad her own shows were silent.