Session 2

"I need a list of any person that may have even seen him," Y/N said as she walked down the hall. Mingi and Irene tried to keep up with the woman that took long strides towards the interrogation room. "That means if he went to our university, we are on that list."

Irene's eyes went wide as the taller boy held onto his laugh.

"Got it," Mingi said as the duo rounded a corner and disappeared into the white hallway.

Y/N paused at in front of the metal door as her heart sped up. Shaky breaths made their way out of her lips as the world around her seemed to shrink. Thoughts of confusion and desperation made their presence known as her worst fears personified.

She took a deep breath as she turned the handle softly, entering the room that seemed to suck the life out of her.

Staring into space seemed to relieve the tension in her chest as it all seemed to pass by. She was thoroughly scared as she looked at her own timeline of events. She didn't fear the fact that she may be right. She feared how she was going to find out, and with an hour on the clock, her stomach was already halfway up her throat.

The door opened and the policeman peeked his head inside, making sure there was someone sitting inside. She stood up and bowed her head.

The sound of chains hit her ears as the same man walked in. She had no idea why she felt like this, but then again, what was she expecting?

Mr. Choi sat down, his eyes staying on Y/N's features. Something had changed.

She cleared her throat.

"Good evening Mr. Choi," She said with a smile as she looked up.

"Good evening" His voice was steady. His posture was relaxed. His entire presence seemed bigger than ever. Why was it so different?

"Well, to begin, I would like to ask about your life before the events happened," She said. She had yet to where to stab. "Way before, maybe even your childhood if possible"

Mr. Choi tilted his head as he looked at her hands. He clicked his tongue.

"You managed yourself pretty well last time," He said finding her gaze. "I'm not that disappointed"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head to the side. "How so?"

"You noticed," He said leaning forward.

Y/N's hand moved without her own orders. Her mind trying to piece together what he was saying.

"I always give the person sitting in that chair a chance," He said. "You won your own"

He shrugged. Y/N's insides seemed to boil at his power play. But she knew that maybe, just maybe, she really did find a crack in his plan. The piece that didn't fit.

"I already asked the question, Mr. Choi," She said as she took in air. "Could you tell me about your childhood?"

He paused and sat back. His eyes staring at the table for a moment before flicking up to her face. Every time he did that, she could feel the heat radiating from where his eyes were looking at.

"I spent a lot of time with my grandparents," He said. Right. He looked right. "Didn't do much out of the ordinary"

Y/N nodded, her hand writing down his words.

"But you..." He mumbled.

Y/N's gaze sparked up.

"You don't seem very on what ordinary looks like," He said.

His head was tilted ever so slightly as his eyes sparked with some kind of mischief or even expectation.

"Why so Mr. Choi?" She asked. Her insides turned as she genuinely didn't want to know.