Pre-Session 4 [Part 1]

It felt like drowning without water. Suffocating with her airways open. The sounds of children screaming in pain seemed to reply in her head increasing in volume with every passing second. Her hands were clammy and sticky as she felt warmer and warmer. The tears seemed to burn her skin as she fought to block out her step father's-

Phone ringing. A phone was ringing.

Y/N shot her eyes open as she looked around. She reached for the pocket of her jeans, only to pause as she noticed the attire she had gone into the session with. A pair of jeans and a black shirt. Great.

She wiped the tears from her cheeks and cleared her throat, keeping herself as composed as possible.

She pressed the phone against her ear, the coldness of the screen bringing her some type of weird comfort.

"Hello?" She said softly.

"Y/N?" Her mom's voice came through the line as her heart shot up in relief.

"Mom!" She exclaimed as she pushed herself off the floor. "Hi! How are you? How's Aaron?"

"We are doing great honey, don't worry," She said.

Y/N paused. Too flat.

A sigh went past her lips. "Is Aaron out of the hospital yet?"

"Yes" Her mom answered a few seconds of silence.

"Mom, please don't lie to me" She begged as her chest squeezed her heart. It felt like her lungs were pressing against her ribs, causing dents on the flesh.

"I'm not sweetie. I promise" She said is a much lighter tone, which seemed to release the air from her lungs.

"Well, when can I drive up to see my little brother?" She asked as she neared the sink. "I really want to see him"

The line suddenly filled with ruffling and movement before it went silent.

"Mom?" She said, her eyes wide in wonder.

"There are two things we left clear once you left the house Y/N" Her step father's rough voice came through the line, filling her veins with liquefied anger. "You are not coming down here anytime soon"

She took a deep breath.

"Why not Allan? He is my little brother, I deserve to know about his well being and health. Plus I won't be going anywhere near your home" She said calmly.

"I don't want you coming down here with your overblown accusations on my family," He said.

Y/N scoffed. "So I'm not part of the family? You are taking it to far Allan, you need to let me see my brother at least once a year. I haven't seen my mother for as long as you have forbidden it!"

Her frustration mixed with desperation at his attempts to take her away from her family. She had studied cases like this one before, she knew how bad the situation can get.

"You still speak to her on the phone" He interjected.

"Allan, I've had enough," She said. "Fuck off. I don't care if you are married to my mother, you have no right to separating a family that is already in shambles. My mom asked for me to call as a measure of keeping her updated on my life over here. I do dangerous work to feed my actual family your overgrown ass"

Her words came out of her like fire. She knew it was a gamble as to what he would do and to whom, so she just hoped it would not end up in a physical fight. Maybe better if he passed out from alcohol intake.

"You come down here and your mom is suffering the consequences." He said. "You changed Aaron's perspective on anything and he is getting a piece of it too. So you are the one that needs to fuck off"