Session 6 [Part 2]

Y/N could hear Aaron's soft snore from where she sat. She was relieved he was finally able to sleep.

"Aaron seems like a good kid" Seonghwa said in a hushed tone.

Y/N finally paid attention to her surroundings. The streets passed by at a rather calm pace, just as nighttime had settled in. She turned her head towards him.

"Yeah" She trailed off.

"I saw your file" He said, his tone turning the inside of her mouth sour. "He-"

"Don't" She interjected almost immediately. "He will not find out"

She looked at him with a warning glare.

He nodded a few times, his mind trying to come up with something else while also focusing on the road.

"Where are you staying?" He asked softly.

It began to drive her mad. The way his posture and words changed drastically. He seemed like a genuinely nice person if it wasn't for everything she has seen and heard of.

"In a hotel" She said nonchalantly.

"Which one?" He said, arching an eyebrow.

"Why would I tell you that?" She said.

Her eyes looked forwards, only to finally change settings. They were going towards the research building.

"Because I'm not going to have a woman and a child walking alone in the middle of the night" He said.

Y/N huffed. Really? How could she believe that? Mainly with the conversation she had with him?

"Wouldn't that be better?" She said. "Get rid of me right away?"

He sighed. His jaw clenched and his hands gripped the steering wheel just a little tighter.

"I don't want you dead" He said. "In fact, I need you alive. That's why I'm offering to take you"

Y/N could tell that she was only going to get that much of an answer. She wanted to weigh her options but she needed all the brain power she could master to talk to San properly.

"It's downtown" She said. "Not very far from the main road"

The room was much colder than usual, leading to her shivering slightly as she waited. Her nails were slowly turning a light purple as she swore her ears were turning red.

Why did the session have to be in the middle of the night with winter around the fucking corner? What did she even plan to ask him? Was she to keep their interactions earlier that day a secret? Or was she to just go for it, as if nothing happened?

The sound of chains took her out of her mental whines, bringing her back to the issue at hand. Her heart sank quickly as her mood turned somber. She needed to be careful and she just hoped San would help her out.

"Good evening Mr. Choi" She said in a cheery tone.

She looked at him, only for his head to hang low, his bangs covering any sight of his eyes.

"Mr. Choi?" She asked softly.

A huff jerked his body slightly, taking her by surprise. She could spot a very grim smirk forming on his face.

"It's funny how I haven't felt this way in years" He said, letting out a long breath. "I fucking hate it"

Y/N kept her gaze on him, lowering her head to try and find his eyes.

"What do you hate?" She asked, worry evident in her tone.

"People like you" He said, lifting his eyes. "Those that find it so easy to lie to those at their lowest"