S I X T Y - S E V E N | POV

Brielle:

I walk into the bathroom and pick up my phone. I turn the shower on so no one can hear my phone call.

Brielle: Tom?

Tom: hey sorry I know it's late, I just couldn't stop thinking about you.

Brielle: your fine..Noah almost heard the phone vibrating though.

Tom: shit I'm sorry

Brielle: it's all good

Tom: you're whispering and I hear water..you really got to hide me don't you?

I hear him laugh.

Brielle: well this is the best you'll get

I giggle.

Tom: I miss that giggle, you have no idea how much I've been thinking about you since you left New York. It kills me seeing all those photos of you and Noah on Instagram.

Brielle: I mean he is my boyfriend..I kind of have to post him.

Tom: yeah..just not pleasant for meee

Brielle: don't look them!

Tom: if I could resist I would. I really want to see you again. We probably shouldn't do it in public though..now that I think about it.

Brielle: yeah you're right

Tom: I have the house to myself a couple days after Christmas. I'll let you know what day when it's closer.

Brielle: okay..I love how you just assume I've decided to see you.

Tom: I mean I'm hard to resist

Brielle: yes I know you're so irresistible..let me stop. I'll see you soon Tommy, goodbye for now.

Tom: talk to you soon Brielle.

I hang up the phone and quickly strip of my clothes and get in the shower. I feel guilt throughout my whole shower. Maybe I just need better closure with Tom and this will be a good time to get it.

I finish getting ready for bed and go back into my room. Noah's sprawled out in the middle of the bed passed out. I sigh and decide to go downstairs and sleep.

I grab a fluffy blanket from my closest then go downstairs. I set myself down on the couch and turn the tv on. I put on friends and lay down. I close my eyes and start to fall asleep.

I hear someone walk downstairs and I pop my head up and see Terry. I slowly lay down hoping he won't hear that I'm down here. I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I feel his presence get closer by the second.

"Brielle?" He whispers.

I don't respond.

"I know you're up, dumb ass" he chuckles.

"Fuck how'd you know?" I say and open my eyes.

"I actually didn't I just figured that would work if you were not really asleep..it worked though" we both laugh.

He sits down beside me, "why are you on the couch?" He asks.

"Noah's passed out in the middle of my bed" I huff.

"Wow so rude!" He laughs, "why not just move him?"

"I don't have the heart to. Truthfully I feel too guilty to even sleep next to him."

"Why?" Terry raises his brow.

"Promise you won't tell-" Terry cuts me off.

"Brielle I'd never say a word" he places his hand on my leg for a second and pulls it away.

"Tom" I mumble.

"You two are talking?" He whispers, "isn't he all the way in New York?"

"He's in Vegas right now with family"

"Damn that's crazy" he shakes his head, "so what are you going to do?"

"I think I'm going to go see him..not romantically just in a friendly way."

"Brielle can I be honest with you? Please don't take offense to this."

"Go ahead" I nod.

"You're doing to Noah, what I did to you. It's not right and you hate cheaters. Why are you one now? Brielle I can tell how much Noah loves you. That's why I've been so respectful of you two, I want to see you happy with a man that treats you right. Why are you taking that for granted?!" He sighs and shakes his head.

I swallow slowly and feel my stomach sink. He's completely right, I remember how much I'd say I hate cheaters and I'll never be one.

"What do I do?" I force out.

"Make a decision Brielle, Noah or Tom. Don't string either along or you'll end up hurting the other badly."

"Well I need to see Tom before I make this decision..it's just I feel a gravitating force towards him. He just has this aura about him. Noah and I have a good connection and he makes me so happy there's nothing I would change about him!"

"Shitty situation but something needs to change before you lose both of them or they both get hurt."

"Thanks Ter for talking to me. It feels nice to finally get this off my chest. I'd talk to Jordan but he seems to be so busy these days."

"I'll always make time for for you" he smiles and gets up from the couch, "goodnight Brielle."

"Goodnight Terry".