Chapter 5: 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

After that event, the meeting turned gloomy and sad. They're all shocked by what happened that night. But Clara wasn't. While writing an essay about her idea for her country works. She smiled. Clara remembered everything. She was the one who drugged Chinas drink making him fall from the balcony. She put down her pen and lean her back to her chair. She sighs and started to look around and notice someone was watching her along. 

Its Russia.

     Who's looking at her with a smile in his face. For some reason it gives her a 'creep'. 'W-what...does he knew?' Clara asked herself and looked down. She decided to get back to her work, but before that she take a last glimpse at him. But her eyes widen. Russia was still looking at her with the same reaction, same emotion, and the same smile. 

'Like...he really knew about it..'

     Clara stands up and walks out of the meeting hall. Some of the countries looked at her with curiosity. "What the hell..." Clara muttered and closed the door. Little did he know, Russias eyes followed her. He smiled. 

     She was walking along the hallway when suddenly. Someone just tried to hit her with a pipe. Clara luckily dodged. The pipe made a huge crack at the wall. "I am very surprised that you dodged the 'Metal Pipe of Pain' da." a voice said. Clara turned around and saw a tall man looking at her with a smile. He pulled his pipe and tried to swing it again. Of course, Clara dodged his upcoming attack. "R-Russia!? W-what are you doing!?" Clara asked. "Don't pretend like you're here. I know her well and you can't fool me." Russia said. "I saw what you did to his drink that night...da!" Russia said and immediately strangle her neck. Because of his massive strength and height. Clara didn't stand a chance. Yes, she's small. Clara struggled, for some reason. A blooded tear just came out of her eyes. Russia noticed it and he smiled. After that, he dropped her down like a doll. Clara land not too well and causing her to hit her arm. 'It hurts.' She said.

"Kol kol kol..."

     Russia tried to swing his pipe again but this time Clara dodged and started to run away. He can kill her so easily if he wanted to. She wiped her tears away and continued running. Until she accidentally bumped into someone. She loses her balance and falls down. "Oh! I-I'm really sorry!!" the familiar voice said. "Ayaw kaseng tumabi!!" Clara roared. She saw Canada looking at her worriedly. "Oh, it's you...America The Second." Clara said and stand up. "I'm really sorry for bumping you...Philippines.." Canada apologized and lend his hand to her. "Hmpf!.."  Clara pouted and slap his hand for the second time. She stands up on her own and started to walk away holding her arm. "H-hey! Are you okay?" Canada held her broken arm making her screamed in pain. 

"IT HUUUURRRTTTTTTSSS!!!!"

. . . 

     The two went to a guest room where Canada take care of her arm. "So, how exactly did you broke your arm?...Philippines?" Canada asked while putting some fabric bandage around her arm. "Its.. it's none of your business, America The Second." Clara said. "Would you please stop calling me America The Second, I'm not America. I'm Canada." Canada said trying to correct everything. "Well, you two exactly looked alike..so you're America," Clara said and held her arm. "But that's not reasonable! It's true that was looks alike but...but we're very much different! I hope you guys notice it..." Canada said looked down. While Clara was looking at him she sigh.

"Fine!..."

     Clara said and started to laugh. "Fine! Whatever...Canada." Clara said and stand up. For the very first time, someone calls him by his name. He was so shocked but happy at the same time. "You called me by my name..." Canada said while looking at her. "Hmm, yeah? That's your name right...?" Clara turned around and gave him a confused look. "I-I'm so happy..." Canada said and smiled. "You're weird..." Clara said. "Anyway, I'm got to go...Maraming salamat.."

"Canada..."

     But before leaving the room. Canada called her like he forgot something to say. Clara stopped and let him speak. "Do..do you like pancakes?" He asked desperately. "Pancake? What's that?" Canada asked not turning around. "Th-then! How about this!---Since you're the one who called me by my name. I'll treat you! Let's eat pancakes together after the meeting!" Canada said. "Pancakes huh..."

"Sure...whatever, See you later...Canada."

. . .

     TimeSkipped: Clara was sitting at her sit and look at Russia who's talking to her sister Ukraine. Russia noticed her and stare at her for a second. Then once again he smiled. Clara on the other hand was so mad and yet she was scared of what will happen next time. Everyone is starting to head out of the meeting hall. "Philippines...are you okay?" Canada tapped her head. "W-what are you doing!?" Clara stands up and faces him. Yet even though she stood up Canada didn't move his hand. "Are you really this small?" Canada asked politely.

     "WHAT. DID. YOU. SAY!?" Clara glared at him. "No, actually..never mind that question..." Canada said and put his hands away. "For your information!! I wear heels and I'm already tall!!" Clara said and pouted. "So..if you removed those shoes you'll become...smaller.," Canada said and while realizing that she's going to kill him out. "YOU!! You're insulting me!!!" Clara roared. "Je suis désolé!!Je suis désolé!!" Canada plead.

. . .

     The two head to the cafe where they serve a lot of different kinds of maple and of course different kinds of syrup. The place was very calm and convenient. "Are you hungry?... So! What would you like to eat? You know there's a lot! a lot of good pancakes to eat here, actually this is my favorite place to eat but surely I can make a pancake at my house to---Oh! I uhmm sorry if I'm kinda talkative like this..."Canada asked politely. But Clara looked away and pouted again. "I guess you're still mad at me are you.."

     Canada didn't ask what she wanted instead he ordered a whole meal for them. After that meal, the waiter came carrying another set of food. "Sorry for the long wait!" the waiter put their main order.  The Pancakes. "Pan...cake.." Clara muttered and slowly tried a taste. Her eyes widen. 'It's delicious!!' she said. Canada on the other hand felt relief knowing that she finally calm down.

     "Hey, hey! Canada what is this!?" Clara asked while overjoyed of the taste of the pancake. "Ah..that's maple, its a syrup. Try pouring it!" Canada said. Clara whose currently empty-headed pour almost half of the bottle. "P-Philippines! Are you sure about that..." Canada tried to stop her but he failed. Clara once again tried to taste and her eyes widen again. "ITS DELICIOUS!!" She screamed and ate a lot. Canada was startled but he seems happy for her. 

     "H-Hey Philippines..since you're the who remembers my name why not let be friends?" He cheered. Clara stopped eating and look at him. "Friends..." She repeated. "Well, If you don't want to that's fine.." He cheered again. A sweet wind approach me

"A friend?..."

     After eating the two left the cafe and Canada say his farewell when suddenly. Clara held his jacket. "Hey...Canada...would you please invite me again to eat here...with you?" Clara asked while slowly turning red. 'Wh-what is this feeling?' she touched her cheeks. "Of course, anytime!" Canada said. "... I really... enjoyed eating a pancake..." Clara said and gave a sweet gently smile. Even for a day, Clara forgot her sins and their deal.

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒅..."