Chapter-32: First Slice

|| Arabella ||

"Welcome home, new couple," Wyatt and Coral greeted us together with matching cheeky grins when Theo and I entered the apartment.

We had gone directly to the graveyard after landing in Anaheim, so we were just getting home now.

"Thank you," I said with an overly sweet smile while Theo went to our respective bedrooms to put our luggage.

When Theo came back, we were all sitting in the living room. "I thought there was supposed to be a party here," he said, seeming disappointed at the undecorated apartment.

Wyatt scoffed and replied, "Who is going to clean up after we have a party here?"

"So no birthday party for me?" Theo frowned.

"Of course, there is. But it's not here, idiot," Wyatt said.

Theo's mouth formed into an 'o' as he said, "Cool." He sat down beside me, and I rested my head on his shoulder, hugging his side since he seemed a little cold ever since giving away his jacket to his dad.

"I can't still believe you guys are finally dating," Coral squealed.

"That's the twentieth time you have said that since hearing the news," Wyatt mentioned.

"And I'll say it a hundred more times." She grinned.

"You're way more excited about this than we are," Theo said.

"You bet I am. I wanna rub it on those annoying girls who said that Ara and Theo could never be a thing. They will now know to never underestimate my guts," she explained with pride.

But now that she mentioned it, I didn't know if Theo would want to let the school know about our relationship. What if he didn't? I mean, it would be weird to be dating after being at each other's throats for years.

I must have been looking up at him in question when he smiled and flicked my forehead lightly. "I'm not going to hide our relationship."

"So you're going to announce it verbally to everyone?" Coral prompted.

Theo looked at her and said, "Not exactly. But I'll make sure they know."

"Huh, okay," Coral said and turned to talk with Wyatt about something.

I was getting too comfortable in Theo's embrace when I heard him yawn. It made me remember that I still had to buy a gift, so I stood up and said, "Theo, you should take a nap. Meanwhile, I'll go buy your gift."

"You need a nap too. We were up late," he replied.

"Oh-hoh, what were you guys up to last night?" Coral asked mischievously.

My cheeks heated up at her indication. "Not what you are thinking. We were playing with Susan." I threw a pillow aiming at her face, but it landed on Wyatt's.

"Really?" she insisted, putting on a lewd face.

"Yes, really. Why don't you tell us what you guys were doing while we were away?" Theo asked, smirking.

Now it was Coral's time to get flustered.

"Well, well, something definitely happened between you two at least," I added.

"Uh, oh, we need to go make preparations for your party," Coral excused and pulled Wyatt up by his arm, dragging him out of the apartment.

I was chuckling at the couple when Theo said, "You're leaving me alone then?"

"Yes, but only for a while," I assured.

He nodded and stood up. "Then I'm going to my room."

"Okay," I said and started following him to his room.