Chapter-7: Fun Time

|| Arabella ||

The next morning, I woke up around noon. I had slept after taking some painkillers. My back was still sore, but the ice had considerably reduced the pain.

My luggage was still unpacked, so I called Theo, who barged into my room with a ringing phone in his hand and an annoyed expression.

"Now what do you want, my queen?" he demanded sarcastically.

I giggled. Since yesterday, I have been making him do all my work after guilt-tripping him for my back pain. I even made him carry me back to my bedroom, though it took quite a bit of argument. "I can't bend down. Get me some clothes out of my luggage."

"You are really treating me as your slave, huh?"

I nodded happily.

"I hate this." Theo frowned and kneeled in front of my luggage. "You really want me to go through your luggage?" he asked in disbelief, and I nodded again. "You sure?"

"What, are you afraid to find my bra and panic?" I let out.

"Will you let go of it?" he groaned in annoyance.

"Nope," I responded simply. He unzipped my luggage when I asked mischievously, "So why are you still a virgin?"

He shot me a glare. "Will you shut up or do you want me to throw your luggage out the balcony?"

I ignored his threat and kept talking, "Did you not find the perfect girl with a curvy body? Or are you waiting for your 'the one'?" Then a thought made its appearance in my head. "Or are you, perhaps, in your questioning stage? Like, are you confused that you might like guys? I'm pretty cool if one of my roommates is gay—"

"That's it," Theo let out and picked up my luggage, heading towards the balcony.

My eyes widened like saucers. I didn't think he was serious. "Okay, okay! I will stop!" I hollered and he halted. He shot me a judging look over his shoulder and I grinned apologetically at him. He sighed and put my luggage down, starting to rummage.

Should I say it or not? It's too tempting.

In the end, I decided to go for it. After all, Theo and my relationship was all about crossing the line of irritation. So I started, "But really, I can't help but wonder—"

"Oh, c'mon, is it that big a deal?" he growled, looking genuinely offended.

"No, not really. But it's you. You are quite popular at school, though I don't get the reason why," I said honestly, without mentioning how good-looking he was.

"I'm not interested in a relationship," he finally answered.

"You are asexual?" I furrowed my brows.

Theo looked like he wanted to bang my head on the wall. "No, I meant, I'm not interested in a relationship at the moment, not that I'm never going to get into one, you dumb girl."

"Uh-huh," I responded.

"You have been teasing me since yesterday. Now, tell me about you. How many guys did you sleep with, femme fatale?" he questioned.

"Um..." What was I supposed to say?

"What, the cat caught your tongue?" he urged, a smirk forming on his lips.

"—ro..." I mumbled inaudibly.

"Come again?" he insisted annoyingly.

I squeezed my eyes shut and blurted out, "Zero."