Chapter-6: Bucket of Water

|| Arabella ||

I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar blue ceiling and jolted up.

Oh, right, I am not staying in Aunt's storeroom anymore.

I sighed and looked around the moderate-sized room in blue shades. It used to belong to Ian back when he still used to live here. The room was already decorated enough, only needed to be filled with my things.

I glanced at the time which read six-thirty in the morning. I yawned and got down from the soft bed. I kneeled down in front of my luggage and took out my clothes for today, which were a pair of denim shorts and a white embroidered top.

I always have to take a shower before starting my day, otherwise, I feel disarrayed.

Even though the room was great and even had a balcony, the only problem was, it didn't have an attached bathroom. I had to share the outer bathroom with Theo, whose room was right across mine—just one of the many things I was dreading.

Grumpily, I opened the door to my room and walked sluggishly to the bathroom before placing my hand on the knob to open it, only for it to land on another hand.

"The hell?" I heard Theo hiss and looked up.

"Oh, no, now my day is ruined," I exclaimed dramatically. The first face I saw at the start of my day was Theo's. No matter how handsome his face was, it was still ominous for me.

"Your day is ruined? God, I feel like I could get hit by a truck today," he murmured.

I glanced at both of our hands on the bathroom knob and suggested, "You won't if you let me use the bathroom first."

He scoffed. "You can expect me to do that the day when pigs start flying."

I rolled my eyes. "Shouldn't you have the etiquette to let a lady use the bathroom first?"

"Shouldn't you have the knowledge that I don't care for etiquettes when it comes to you?"

I sighed. "Look, I can't function without showering in the morning."

"I'm the one who needs the shower first. I just came back from my morning run and I stink with sweat," he said, and I looked down at his outfit. He was wearing a gray T-shirt and black joggers, his face and neck coated with sweat. But that didn't have to matter to me—I was a selfish snob in his case. I had to get my business done first.

"Don't care. I'm going in first because it's my first day here."

"But I grabbed the door knob first."

"It's not a restaurant where you would have a 'first come, first served' system."

"Okay, fine. Then how about we settle this fair and square?" he proposed.

I arched an eyebrow. "How?"

"Let's play rock-paper-scissors. Whoever wins gets to use the bathroom first," he explained.

I twitched my lips for a wandering moment before nodding my head. It sounded like a fair idea. "We can use this everyday if we get to the bathroom at the same time."

Theo nodded and let go of the door knob along with me.

Both of us prepared our hands to start the game when a figure brushed by us and entered the bathroom. Theo and I blinked in shock for a minute.

"What the hell?" We both shrieked.

"What were you guys doing standing in front of the bathroom like a couple of warriors about to engage in a duel?" Wyatt hollered from inside the bathroom.