Chapter-13: Moaning

|| Arabella ||

"So...?" Theo looked at me expectantly once I came out of his uncle's friend's kitchen after my interview as a part-time chef.

Like Theo promised, he drove me here and was weirdly nice enough to wait while I gave my interview. He was now sitting at a corner table, having some cheesecake and cappuccino.

I grinned and announced, "I passed!"

"Congrats," he wished in monotone, taking a sip of his shake.

"Hey, show some more enthusiasm," I scolded, putting a hand on my hip.

"Well, what do you expect? Shall I do a happy dance for you?" he responded dryly.

"No, but—"

He cut me short and said, "I knew you would pass."

"Aww, look at you, believing in me like an actual good roommate," I cooed and sat on the chair across from him.

"Anyone who has ever tasted your cooking would be stupid not to believe that you'll get hired here."

A grin formed on my face again. "Do you actually like my cooking?" I asked excitedly.

"Will you take no for an answer?" he asked.

A waiter placed a piece of cheesecake and chocolate milkshake as I replied to Theo, "I don't know. You're very stingy with compliments."

"No arguments there," he surrendered, looking out the big view window.

I also looked out, taking a bite of the cheesecake. Some people were decorating their exteriors with pumpkins and lanterns. It was Halloween season, after all.

"So I have had this idea in my head for a while now," Theo started, "Don't you think we should do something to get Wyatt and Coral closer?"

I furrowed my brows. "What can we do?"

Theo turned his gaze to me and smirked. "Play the cupids."

"Now, that sounds intriguing."

Coral was my closest friend, and since Wyatt was one of my roommates, I knew that he was an amazing person—sure, a little clumsy and gullible, but still very sincere and caring. He would take the best care of Coral, and she needed to come out of her shell of never being able to commit. I wanted that 'best friend' title. Therefore, I was all in for getting those two together.

"So are you in?" Theo asked for confirmation.

I placed my fork down and asked, "What's the plan?"

———

"This wasn't part of the plan!" I hollered.

"Of course, it was. What, did you expect magic fairies to come and make the costumes for them?" Theo retorted.

"No, but I hate making choices," I cried out.

We were currently in the shopping mall, standing on the escalator. Apparently, they were selling Halloween costumes in many stores here, and we were going to buy a matching costume for Wyatt and Coral, then get them to play seven minutes in heaven through truth and dare at the Halloween party at school where every student was invited.

The plan wasn't perfect, but that's all we had. Plus, Theo said that there was no way two straight people wouldn't make out in the closet, at least they would talk it out inside and get closer. So it was a win-win.

"Deal with it. Won't you do at least this much for your best friend?" Theo questioned.

"Unbest friend," I corrected.