16

Lindsey burped Gemma while Stevie took care of the now empty bottle. And when Lindsey had set her on the floor surrounded by toys Stevie fixing her little daisy headband, Felicity walks in. 

"So...Adam has an impromptu meeting and won't be here until seven and Brooke's shift got extended to seven so we're on our own for dinner. They had planned to take us to the Diner because well...Nell wants to see me, but the kids can't wait until eight for dinner. That's their bedtime." Felicity explains leaning against the entryway. 

"Well, we'll just order a pizza. I don't think the same Pizza places that were here when we were growing up are still around but I'm sure you know a good one." Lindsey shrugs. 

"Pizenellos delivers out here." Felicity shrugs. 

"Perfect. You order it and we'll watch the kids." Lindsey smirks as Macey comes toddling in handing a piece of paper to Lindsey.

"What's this kiddo?" he asks. 

"Well...I drew you a picture. Because you said you were hurt. Maybe it'll help you feel better." Macey says crawling onto his lap. 

"Thank you. I love it. It does make me feel better." Lindsey smiles kissing her forehead. 

"Aunt Tee, can we watch Beauty and the Beast tonight?" Macey asks. 

"Which one?" Felicity questions flicking through the phonebook. 

"Both." She beams. 

"Alright, I'll order Pizza and then we'll watch the real one first, okay, and then after dinner, we can watch our Beauty and the Beast." Felicity reasons. 

"Alright." She smiles. 

"Do we have too?" Carter whines. 

"Yes, we have too. Tomorrow we'll watch Cars and Toy Story okay." Felicity looks at him. 

"Promise?" He asks. 

"I promise." She nods. 

***

Both Adam and Brooke trail in around seven-thirty and quietly make their way into the living room. Brooke looked worn out in her pink scrubs and disheveled topknot. Adam has his suit jacket off and his tie undone around his neck. 

The kids were cuddled up with Felicity as the dance show played on the television and Gemma, now wearing koala footie pajamas, was fast asleep on her grandmother's chest. 

"Hey, guys," Brooke says quietly careful not to disturb the baby. 

"Momma it's the good part." Macey points to the screen where the cabaret girls were dancing to be our guest. 

"It is." Brooke agrees plopping down next to Lindsey and grabbing a slice of Pizza. 

"Who choreographed this?" Stevie asks out of the blue. 

"Yours truly," Felicity answers quickly as Stevie looks at her mouth wide. 

"And you did your solo as well." She confirms. 

"I did like over half of them," Felicity replies 

"Honey you're amazing," Stevie answers as the baby whimpers and Stevie quickly resituates and calms her. 

"Oh Mom, I can put her to bed if you want," Adam says. 

"No...I'm fine holding her. Felicity is going to sleep with me, so Macey can sleep in her bed and the two of you can have a night to yourselves. You both look exhausted. We'll take the baby monitor and we'll take care of Gemma tonight. And if you don't like it, tomorrow we'll give you back the monitor. And I'm not asking I'm telling." Stevie states.