Page 28

Dad was at home, his car black in the driveway. Already asleep since he had to work late the night before. I remember him saying before I was just getting home, school was pretty rough, not my best day, and I just wanted to sleep.

As soon as I got home, I hurried to my room, but as soon as I went to my bed I suddenly wasn't tired. Just restless. I decided to sketch for a bit and plugged in my skull headphones to my phone, turning on (second favourite song) I think. 

After a while, it had become pitch black outside my window, the stars hidden by the clouds, and the moon shined dimly. and I thought about going to sleep earlier than usual. A long rest could help make sure I wake up happy and early tomorrow.

But, you know that old sound you expect to only be in horror movies? The creaky door one? Well, that happened, but I didn't open any door, I know that dad was still asleep, his door was always silent and never creaked.

Unlike the front door.

I carefully stood up, not making a sound, and took out my headphones. I didn't really know yet, but someone broke into the house.

I thought it may have just been the wind, or maybe Dad woke up and was going for a small walk. Which would never happen, he's too lazy, and there was no wind.

So I quietly walked to my door and peeked out, looking around. Once I was sure I saw no one, I walked to the kitchen, which was right next to the front door. I immediately went on edge when I saw that the front door was open slightly.

I took a quick look around, a 360 turn, then hurriedly walked to the kitchen, sliding open the cutlery drawer with all our knives.

"Looking for these~?" someone said, in a sing-song voice that didn't match them at all. I looked up, standing in the hallway was a tall man, wearing a dark brown hoodie, I'm just guessing but I think he was in his late thirties. He was holding a couple of knives like he was presenting them. 

He took a slow step towards me, there was a kitchen counter between us still, so it was more like a threat than anything else. But he stopped walking when heard a loud shout, then a gunshot coming from my dad's room.

It...it turns out he wasn't working alone, I knew that because of when I saw the body later, and when the hooded man turned towards it in a panic.

"Daniel?!" 

My dad stumbled out, the left side of his stomach was gushing blood, turning his grey sweatpants and old pyjama shirt red. In his hand, he held his handy-dandy handgun that he always kept with him.

He used to say it was to make sure no boys tried to hit on me, or threaten me, and when I was little, he said it was to keep the monsters away.

But he didn't have time to use it, he couldn't chase away this monster.

The hooded man jumped forward, switching to an offensive style, dropping some knives so he could attack quicker. Before my dad could even realize what was going on, the man had hit him with the back of the knife.

"What did you do to Daniel?!"

Dad coughed up some blood, stumbling and taking a step back, "The same thing I'm going to do to you" He raised his gun, using both hands to steady it. I ducked, afraid of what was going to happen.

The gunshot ran out, and the sound of one man falling was heard. Then a low chuckle started. A silent sign that the hooded man wasn't the one that fell.

"What do you say, how bout I kill the girl, payback for killing my son" he started laughing maniacally. 

I'm not stupid, I knew I couldn't fight him and win, so I ran, while he was laughing I ran out from behind the counter and slid on the ground, grabbing a knife and quickly getting out of his reach.

I tried not to, but I glanced at my dad, his eyes had gone dull, he was already dead, but he was looking right at me. I held back tears, and got up, running farther into the house. The man stopped laughing, I mean, I'm not the fastest person alive, but I managed to get away before he could react.

~~~

"The rest you kinda know, I hid, he found me, except I managed to jump out the window and get away," I mumbled, I hadn't looked up the entire time, occasionally tring to make the story a little less sad.

Everyone was eerily quiet, I hugged my snek plushie, trying not to cry.

"...Did he die?" Jack whispered, the first to speak, "did the hooded man die?"

The room felt a little evil, and I tensed up more, shaking my head slowly.

"Once I got away, he disappeared" I answered quietly.

Toby hugged me, his eyes teary, "That's so saddddd, how could anyone hurt this little cinnamon roll?!" I smiled slightly, hugging back. Ben joined in the hug, and jack did too, they all seemed tense.

"I swear if you're all thinking about finding him imma smack you" I smile, they all tensed up.

"But he deserves it!" Ben nearly shouted.

"He deserves worse then death" Jack growled.

"She knew the plan..." Toby whispered to himself.

<><><>

I'm super sorry!!! I had no motivation to write, and I didn't know the best way to write this 'page'

I really hope this page is better then I think it is lol

and umm, after halloween i might not be able to write as much, or I'll write more, I don't really know, but I'll try my best anyway!

And heres your fact

-Some jellyfish glow in the dark, since many jellyfish have boiluminencent organs, which emit light

bye everyone! I hope u all have a amazing day/night!!

~Jellyfish