Page 7

I grabbed a small black pocket knife, a  first aid kit with bandages and such, a sketchbook, needed art supplies, and clothes. Everything needed to not die in a house of killers and psychos. 

I grabbed my (F/c) duffel bag and put everything inside and headed outside my room. Jack was currently sitting on the couch watching TV, patiently waiting, so he didn't see that I packed a weapon.

Oh, I almost forgot my snek, I need to bring that.

I quickly put it inside my bag and zipped it closed. Should I make something to eat before I go? Eeh, I'll see how much time we have left, then decide.

"Hey, how much time do we have before we have to leave?" I question, as I walk to put my bag by the door.

"Not enough." He mumbled. Is he mad or something? Whatever. I sighed and grabbed my bag again and flung it onto my shoulder.

"Let's go then." I muttered, trying not to show how nervous I am.

~~~Time skip~~~

~~~Jack's POV~~~

We were almost there, just a ten more minutes through the forest and boom. But (Y/n) was strangely quiet, I can tell that she doesn't really talk much but it is still strange. It gave me plenty of time to think.

She hasn't asked about my mask or skin, why? Is she just stupid?I'm going to assume she forgot, better to not underestimate her again...

I think, glancing at her, she seemed deep in thought herself. 

"Will....never mind." (Y/n) mumbled, looking away from me.

I sighed, "Okay." I didn't really want to talk. I'm fine with being alone with my thoughts.

I glanced at her again, she was looking at the sky. The stars sparkled in her bright (e/c) eyes, and her (h/l) hair softy danced with the wind. Her (s/c) seemed brighter, and she overall looked beauti-- no, nope, did not think that. You don't have any proof that I thought that.

I quickly looked away.

"Look." (Y/n) whispers, pointing at the sky. I curiously looking upwards.

It really is amazing, the sky was different shades of blacks and purples, even some dark blues. The crescent moon shines more brightly than all of the sparkling stars.

"My mom used to say that every star is a daydream. A daydream so important that it was put in the sky so we could remember." (Y/n) whispered. I look down to see her with a sad smile.

She quickly inhaled and composed herself, making her look almost emotionaless.

"That's a lot better than my mom told me, the eyes of the souls watching us." I chuckle. (Y/n) gasps,

"Then why are their eyes pure white!?"

"Hmm, I never thought of that..." I whisper.

"... Maybe it's because they left all anger and darkness behind them?"  (Y/n) questions, glancing at me.

"Maybe." I chuckle. "Oh, we're here." I declare.

She inhales and looks at the large wooden mansion. Not moving as I step towards it.

"I'll be fine..." (Y/n) mutters, barely audible to any ears, including mine.