Page 9

Why is everything so dark? Why can't I see?

Creak~~

I look over in the direction of where the noise came from, and saw a black door with no handle. But it was slightly open, revealing a small slice of light shingle through the side and bottom. Instead of being stupid and rash, I looked to the back of the room to see if the light revealed anything.

And... it did.

At the back of the small room was a slumped over thing.

It looked like a human that could be injured, but something told me that it is not a human.

Does it need help? I walk over slowly, stopping five feet in front of it, just in case I need to run away.

"Ec-ecuse me? Are-are you ok-okay?" I stuttered. Trying my best not to just leave it and go to the light like I want to.

"My l-leg hurts..." The way he sounded and talked told me that he is a guy. Eighteen to twenty five? Anyway, he sounds like he is in pain, I need to help him.

"I know bas-basic first aid, can I-i help?" I ask. He hesitates then nods, I slowly approach, crouching down to see how bad the wound is.

"Y-you know that everyone heads-heads into the light, so why di-didn't you?" He questions.

"In case someone needed help." I mumble. I found the wound was on his left leg, it was a deep cut, I cringe and rip some cloth off of my shirt. Quickly tying that around the wound.

"Not my best work b-but it should do until I get you out of he-here." I declare, reaching out a hand to help him up.

"So let's go!" I flash a smile, my stuttering finally ceasing. Even though it's really dark and I doubt he can see it. Even though this means I can't seem him, I know he looks up and hesitates.

He grabs my hand and I pull him up.

"You should be careful still, I might kill you." He grumbles.

"That's a pretty sad threat you know." I chuckle, I continue to help him walk to the door. Right before we walk through  I mumble,

"Some just want to help people on their way to the grave."

~~~(Y/n)'s POV~~~

I grumble as the dream ends, some times I talk to much for my own good.

I sigh and look at the clock on the side of my bed, only to remember that I don't have one.

"I want pancakes, does Slender have everything for pancakes?" I mumble to myself. I sit up and look at the beautiful blankets I could have slept in, those could have helped me get a better sleep. I sigh again and step onto the floor, shivering when I feel the cold wood.

I walk to my new bedrooms door and open it, to tired to care, and walk into the kitchen. Thankfully it wasn't far from my room, and no ones there, double score. I look into the pantry and find pancake mix, I then go to the fridge and grab milk and eggs.

After getting everything that I need to make my pancakes I get to work. Cooking around three nice pancakes before Ticci Toby walks into the kitchen. His eyes widen when he sees what I'm doing.

"F-first, why n-no waf-fles? Sec-second, who a-are you?" He asks, tilting his head slightly.

"First answer, I kinda d-don't know where the w-waffle maker is. S-second, umm, I'm-i'm (Y/n)." I stutter slightly and then silently curse myself for showing weakness. I know they are killer's and showing weakness is a bad way to make a first impression. Even though I could use it to my advantage.

He just walks over to the bottom cupboard near the oven and pulls out a waffle maker, handing it to me. I nod my head and get to work, cooking some waffles. Once I'm done a stack I put them on a plate and place them down in front of his seat at the kitchen table. 

"Do y-you want and thing to go-go with them? B-butter, uh, sy-syrup?" I silently ask. 

"Yes ple-please! Butter an-and sy-ryup!" He cheers, taking off his mouth guard and smiling slightly. I grab them and pass them to him, I then grab a plate of pancakes and waffles for myself and sit down.

"Well (-(Y/n), than-ks for the wa-waffles!!" He thanks me and walks out to the living room.

I finish up my pancakes and stand up, that's when Ticci Toby returns, this time with a friend.

"I heard that you were making pancakes?" I turn and see Ben Drowned. I nod and grab out another plate.

"Chocolate chip or j-just normal pancakes?" I ask grabbing the needed ingredients.

"Chocolate please." He responds.

~~~

Turns out that Ticci Toby was going around telling people that I was making pancakes and waffles. Eventually the whole mansion was at the table eating. 

I sighed, the clean up will take some time, especially since I'm doing it alone. I start by putting away the ingredients, as I'm putting the milk away, Ben Drowned and Jeff the Killer walk into the kitchen.

"I thought you might need some help, so I dragged Jeff to help me help you!" Ben Drowned cheers.

"Th-thank you..." I whisper.

"Huh?" Jeff the Killer turns to look at me.

"uh, thank y-you..." I whisper a little louder.

"No problem shortie." Jeff the Killer laughs. 

"I'm not that short." I mumble, turning back to the dishes.

"Your shorter than me, you're worthy of the name shortie." Ben Drowned laughs. Walking up and drying dishes. Jeff the Killer walks up and starts putting away dishes, I smile ever so slightly.

Life here might not be that bad.

~~~ 

Little note here, in case your wondering. The reason behind (Y/n) calling them their full names is because (Y/n) is very kind and polite. At least until she relaxes a bit around everyone. She is a bit more relaxed with Eyeless Jack, and he told her that he was Jack before he said he is Eyeless Jack so she just calls him Jack. That's all, thanks for reading!!