Page 6

I happily walked towards the carnival, that's when I made a realization.

I don't know his name.

"Um, should we introduce ourselves?" I mumble, embarrassed that I forgot to ask earlier.

"..."

"*sigh* My names Jack, what is your name." He grumbled, not really 'asking' what my name was.

"Its (Y/n), nice to meet you!" I gleam, I may as well be nice since he agreed going to the carnival. 

It was a short walk, and eventually arrived. He put his hood up, and kept his head down. I payed for us both and gave him his bracelet, since he wouldn't let the worker put it on for him. I didn't mind that his skin was grey, I was a little surprised when he jumped into the alley and I saw it, but he's going to the carnival with me so I didn't think much of it.

When we walked into the carnival I was amazed, I saw the tall roller coasters from my apartment, but they were so much bigger up close. There were games and food stands, and so many rides!

~~~Jack's POV~~~

When we walked into the carnival she gasped, she looked like a little kid on Christmas day. I felt my gaze soften. 

"What ride should we go on first?" She asks, spinning around to look at me. I smirked.

Let's see how tough this little girl is.

"How about, that one." I say, pointing to ride called 'The Zipper'.

(Y/n) grabs my sleeve and starts speed walking over to it. Thankfully the line was short, I guess it was because it's pretty scary looking. After a one or two minute wait, we walked into the small cage thing. I smirked, I don't think she can handle this.

The ride started and slowly started spinning, not fast enough to flip the cage we were in but still pretty sketchy. When it started flipping I glanced over to look at her, she was smiling and laughing silently.

"Should we see if we can flip it?" I ask. (Y/n) looks at me and nods. We both start trying to flip it, I only used one hand since I didn't want my mask to fall off.

Finally, the rides over. We walk off the ride, my hair was sticking out every where, so was her's.

"That one next!" She exclaims, smiling and looking at me. I smiled and nodded, letting her grab onto my sleeve once again to drag me to the next location. 

~~~(Y/n)'s POV~~~

After most of the roller coasters and smaller rides, we stood in front of the last ride. The only ride we didn't try. Super drop.

I've been dancing around this ride since we got here. I know it's not as bad as most of the rides we've already gone on but still, it terrifies me.

"This is the last ride, why aren't you jumping on already?" Jack asks.

"Maybe we should not do this one..." I mumble, trying to sneak away from it.

"No, we're going on this ride." He states. Grabbing my arm and dragging me up to it. 

Just my luck that there's no line...

"But, we could leave early, why this ride?" I whine. Trying to annoy him. But he stays silent as he shoves me into one of the seats. 

"Nononononononono" I mumble, trying to get out. He sits in the seat next to me right as the bars close. Locking me in this terrifying ride. After a minute wait it launched us into the air.

"Holy FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--" I screamed.

After we had safely landed, I was shaking. My eyes were watery and I felt like I had died.

~~~Jack's POV~~~

Wow, was not expecting that reaction.

I stared at the girl that looked like she went to hell and back. 

"Hello? You alive?" I ask, waving my hand in front of her. That seemed to have woke her up, her (e/c) looked at me.

"Die in a hole." (Y/n) grumbled. Jumping off her seat onto the ground only to trip and almost fall. 

I started laughing, what did she even trip over? It wasn't very loud but still audible. (Y/n) looked confused, then she smiled.

"Okay, okay, your forgiven. But its almost dark and I still need to pack." She says, her smile back once more as she shrugged. (Y/n) grabbed onto my sleeve, again, and let me lead the way out. We were almost out when she let go of my sleeve and stopped walking. I saw her look at something and then reach into her bag. She looked at her wallet and smiled.

"One second, I want to see if I can win the snake prize!" She explains, looking at me. I simply nod, looking at the snake prize. It was about three feet long, and no more than three or four inches thick. It had some green stripes along its sides and wore a small top hat, on its mouth/snout it had a small mustache.

It was a dart game, but the darts were dull and the balloons were far. She had to hit three balloons to win the prize she wanted. 

(Y/n)'s gaze hardened as she focused on the biggest balloon, she threw the small dull dart, and it hit its target. The second try she missed by just a inch, and then she hit the third dead on. This would normally give her the small prize, but the worker seemed to have got the news that they were going to die because they just didn't care. 

"Aww, that was all my money." (Y/n) whined silently. I sighed and pulled out the needed amount of money and walked up to the game.

"Let me see if I could win." I grumble, quickly paying to try. I then hit three balloons closest to the worker and smirked. Throwing scalpels at victims has helped my aim slightly. The worker looks at me with wide eyes, probably because of fear.

"I'll take the snake prize." I stated. Taking the snake plush from the shaking worker's arms, and handing it to (Y/n). She looked surprised to say the least, her eyes widened, she held it for a couple seconds then looked up at me.

"Thank you." She whispered, smiling directly at me, it made me smile too. I pat her head.

"Ya, ya, but now you need to pack quickly, okay?" I announced. She nodded and we started to make our way out of the large carnival. 

I'm glad that she was my mission. I thought smiling slightly as she grabbed my sleeve once again.