Eternal Love

Taehyung was adopted by a family - well, he called it a family. The one who was to be his older brother, Seokjin, told him that his mom left his dad about a week before they were supposed to pick Taehyung up from Daegu, and she didn't want anything to do with them now. 

Taehyung didn't mind. 

In fact, the young boy - who was ten at the time - simply hugged Kim Hyunso and Seokjin, telling them that he was still grateful that they still adopted him. Jin immediately took a liking to his little brother, despite how odd he was. 

Hyunso noticed that Taehyung wore these black leather gloves all the time. Neither he or his biological son asked about it; they just assumed it was a possible germ thing, just like he never wore short-sleeves, even when he wore shorts. 

As soon as Taehyung came home, he seemed to change. 

He spent the first hour and a half walking through the house, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. 

The Kim home wasn't lavish, but it wasn't poor, either; it was simply old. The rooms were smaller than modern houses; the stairs were steeper and had less foot room and were wooden. All floors were wood, which made vacuuming a little easier, as well as Hyunso's asthma. 

"This home belonged to one family before us," Jin said after Taehyung told him how he liked the house. Hyunso nodded and continued the story while the pair made dinner. 

"The family moved here and built this house in 1887. Apparently, all the scratches on the floor are from dogs that they had. Their last living relative passed away about seventy years ago and owned a golden doodle, who loved to tear up the floors." 

Taehyung giggled, but stopped as he felt something on the back of his neck. It felt like someone had a hold of him, or at least put a wet cloth on the back of his neck. He didn't like that feeling. 

Still, he never told his new family. 

-------

For six years, Taehyung hid his odd feelings about the old house from his family. Hyunso was too stressed out putting Jin through college, Taehyung through high school, and maintaining his job as a math professor at the local college. He had always been tight on money, and Taehyung knew that if he told anyone about all he's experienced, then they'd have to pay to see a therapist. 

The seventeen-year-old was not crazy or delusional or any of the things that his classmates told him. 

When he entered high school, students caught him staring at the graveyard on campus with an odd look in his eye. Ever since, they called him the Grave Kid. He hated that nickname. 

"Hey, Jinnie - Oh! Namjoon, what a surprise! Nice to see you," Hyunso said when his eldest returned from his shift at the restaurant down the street, his younger boyfriend trailing behind him. 

"H-hello, sir. Nice to s-see you, too," Namjoon muttered, still ashamed of his stutter. He always had a stutter; no matter how much speech therapy he went through, he could never get rid of it. 

Jin beamed at his father as he set his bookbag by the door. "Hi, Dad! Where's TaeTae?" 

Hyunso frowned a little, eyes drifting to the living room. "He's been staring at the hallway for thirty minutes. He looks scared, or... sick?" 

Both Jin and Namjoon frowned, moving to the living room to observe the teenager. 

Taehyung sat on the floor, gaze set on the hallway that lead to the stairs. He looked sick, that was true; but he seemed really tensed, as if his back suddenly locked up.