Shut Up and Kiss Me

Taehyung loved talking; Hoseok knew that about him the moment they met. 

He didn't mind it for a number of reasons: Hoseok was a very shy person, so Taehyung would end up talking for him if they ever met new people. The only time that wasn't the case was the first time the older man was taken to Taehyung's house to meet his parents. 

Sure, they were only friends at the time, but they both knew how much they liked each other, so it was almost like taking a boyfriend home. 

Now, years later, they were happily in love, happily together. 

And Taehyung still did all the talking. 

Taehyung's talkative nature would only bother Hoseok when he would take the younger on dates to the Han River, which acted as one of his safe places whenever he was facing hardships. 

The river had this mesmerizing quality to it that, late in the evening, would make all of Hoseok's doubts, concerns, worries, and fears simply vanish. They would be washed away by the steady, sparkling water. 

And maybe that was why he loved taking Taehyung there, because the younger would eventually fall silent and simply soak in the peaceful, easy atmosphere around them. It would cradle them both, speaking louder than Taehyung ever could. 

Tonight was Hoseok's turn to take Taehyung out, and as always with him, they ended up at the river. 

Taehyung had insisted on carrying Hoseok on his back, strong arms holding onto the older's thighs so he wouldn't fall off. Hoseok held onto Taehyung for balance, his chin resting on one of his large, comfortable shoulders. 

"...and then this lady told me I would give her my 'disease' if I so much as handled her food, and I was so fed up with it, so I gave her what she wanted - I had Lisa be her server. After the lady finished, and Lisa handed her the check, she told the lady that her girlfriend would love to meet her, and that woman fucking lost it. Hyung, it was hilarious." 

The younger man rambled on about work and some of the homophobic people he had to deal with on a daily basis. Hoseok simply listened, feeling the cold metal of Taehyung's engagement ring against the skin of his thigh, right where his shorts ended. 

"Maybe they wouldn't have such a problem if they either stopped complimenting my ring or simply buying a new brain!" 

"Honey, that's not how anatomy works," Hoseok mumbled, giggling as he playfully bit Taehyung's ear. 

"I know, but just you wait. Brain transplants will be things. I can feel it in my ass." 

That only got Hoseok to bite him harder, tugging gently on one of his earrings. "I'm the bottom in this relationship, though." 

A smug grin fit his fiancé's face, a hum of satisfaction resonating in his chest. "Don't I know it." 

The sun was setting by this point, casting a heavenly glow over the water below them. That same glow reflected off of their melanin-rich skin, warming them up, and Hoseok couldn't help but sigh in delight. 

Taehyung continued talking about other things while his fiancé looked around them, one of his hands resting over the younger's heart. 

There was an elderly man sitting alone on a bench, smiling fondly at the couple as they passed. A few children were running around, throwing stones into the water, while their parents yelled at them to stop causing a ruckus. A group of teenagers were sitting in the grass a little ways from the bridge, textbooks scattered around them for study group.

There were a few other couples there, but Hoseok was certain he and Taehyung were the only gay couple. While it made him a little upset that not many people in his country were brave enough to go out into the world and express their love, at least he and the younger were today's representatives. 

These two women - obviously from Japan - were standing along the bridge in traditional clothing, handing out bracelets. They had multi-colored beaded bracelets, all neatly placed in boxes on a small cart next to them. 

Before Hoseok could say anything, Taehyung walked over to them, smiling brightly at the women. One was dressed in a baby-pink kimono, while the other wore an orange one. They both smiled back at Taehyung and Hoseok, seemingly unfazed by them.

"Hi! I really like your kimono," the younger of the couple said to the lady in pink, who nodded in thanks. 

"You're getting married?" the one in orange asked, nodding to Hoseok's engagement ring. "Or are you already married?" 

"We're getting married in October!" Taehyung answered for Hoseok, who nodded and patted his chest appreciatively. 

"Oh! Hold our your wrists," the lady in pink said, pulling out two red-and-white-beaded bracelets. 

The boys did as instructed, Hoseok helping to support himself so he wouldn't fall. 

The bracelets were slipped on their wrists, and Taehyung had to scoot Hoseok back up into a better position on his back. 

"Red and white are our wedding colors. You will be together forever," the lady in orange explained, and the boys felt their hearts race at that statement. 

After thanking them and bowing respectfully, the couple continued walking along the bridge over the river. 

And Taehyung started talking again. 

"I really liked that lady's kimono. It reminded me of Jin-hyung's room before he redecorated it. It was baby-pink and..."

The older stopped listening, instead focusing on the feeling of his fiancé's beating heart against his palm. 

He loved Kim Taehyung more than he could ever express, but holy shit he just wanted that peaceful, easy feeling to shut him up. So far, it hadn't happened yet. 

"...and all of his books that Namjoon-hyung gave hi-"

"Taehyung," Hoseok mumbled quietly, leaning over his fiancé's shoulder a little bit. 

"Yes?" The younger turned his head, his lips barely touching the older's. 

"Do me a favor."

"Anything for you." 

"Shut up and kiss me." 

With that, Taehyung captured Hoseok's lips with his own, fitting them together like perfect puzzle pieces. 

They both sighed happily, feeling that peaceful, easy feeling washing over them as their kiss became deeper, stronger, yet still tender. 

Hoseok could feel Taehyung's heart racing against his palm, his large hands squeezing his thighs affectionately. Only he could make the younger act this way, and it made him happy. 

Finally, their lips parted, occasionally coming back together for gentle pecks as they rested their foreheads together. 

"Baby, we'll be together forever. I've known that since I first saw you," Taehyung mumbled, his lips still warm from the kiss. 

"I love you so much, Beautiful."

"I love you too."