[Un]Forgiven pt 5

The next two weeks were, surprisingly, not awkward. Charlie took the bus to Taehyung's house, where he would help her with homework and make her dinner, then hang out until bath time. She would video chat with Hoseok for about an hour, say her goodbyes and obediently take her meds and go to bed. This was always routine at her younger father's house. Of course, he was a little more lenient than Hoseok was, but he was just as strict when it came to school work.

Tonight was Friday, so Charlie didn't have any homework. But today she had to have her feeding tube in, so she sat on the couch and quietly watched Tangled, holding her stuffed lion in her lap. "Charlie, there's a surprise for you!" Taehyung said excitedly as he walked into the living room with his best friend Min Yoongi following.

Charlie loved Yoongi. He was her favorite out of her fathers' friends. "Hey, cinnamon roll," he teased as he lifted her off the couch, earning a squeal of delight and a kiss on his cheek. "Suga!" she cheered as she hugged his neck tight. "Appa said you were sad, so I brought Daehyun over to cheer you up," Yoongi explained, lightly pinching the little girl's cheek. She looked over his shoulder to see her best friend standing in front of Taehyung, who had both hands resting on the preteen's shoulders.

Min Daehyun was nine years older than Charlie, but became her best friend really quickly. He looked and acted just like his father, but was somehow even quieter and really mean to kids his age. But he was never mean to Charlie. She was his buddy and nothing would get in the way of that.

Charlie smiled shyly and waved, which earned her a wave back as Yoongi set her on the couch. Without a word, Daehyun sat down next to her and willingly watched Tangled. "Hyunie," she mumbled and it was like he read her mind. He wordlessly held her hand and silence fell upon them.

"Thank god you called us over, Tae. All Suran and I do is argue and it's taking a toll on Daehyun. I've never seen that kid cry, but he came pretty damn close last night. He's too young to be so depressed. He's turning into me, except somehow even worse and I'd hate myself if he keeps it up," Yoongi sighed as he and Taehyung stepped into the younger man's office, cracking the door. "You know I can watch him while you and Suran sort this out, right? I hate to tell you this, but I don't at the same time. I think it's time for a divorce, Yoongi-hyung. Two years of arguments and cold shoulders isn't solving anything," Taehyung said quietly as he pulled his friend in for a hug.

Yoongi wasn't one for affection, but no one could resist Kim Taehyung's hugs and all-around cuddly nature. He nodded quietly and pulled out of the hug. "You're right, Tae. I love her, but... she hates me. Can Hyun stay here for a bit? Just until we sort all this out?" he asked quietly, looking up at Taehyung, who smiled a close-lipped smile and nodded. "Of course. I love Daehyun and so does Charlie. Kids don't need to be in that type of environment anyways." I should know. Charlie was born into hatred, he almost added, but decided against it.

"Okay, enough about my bullshit. How's everything going with you and Hoseok?" Yoongi asked as he sat down on the desk. Taehyung ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. "Hyung, I don't even know. Remember when I said he still had feelings for me and he asked me to sleep with him in his bed instead of the guest room?" Yoongi nodded. "Well, we shared a bed for two more days, then Charlie came here. Just... Oh my god, I've missed him."

Taehyung sat down heavily in his chair. "I miss him so damn much. I miss his little antics, his love and affection, the little things," he said into his hands. "Don't forget the sex," Yoongi added and the younger man groaned, leaning back into his hair. "Oh my god, especially the sex. Hyung, I haven't had sex since I got him pregnant. But I-I can't go out there like he can. I just can't."

The older man rested a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Everything will look up in time, Taehyung. You of all people should know that. I mean, look where you are! He could have turned you away and shielded your daughter from you. But he let you stay. He let you be a father. He let you be his friend. And he's even letting you sleep in the same bed as him now. Things are slowly looking up and you know it." He looked up at Yoongi with a small smile. "Thanks, hyung. You have no clue how much you've helped me."

"Uncle Tae?" Daehyun muttered as he helped clear up the kitchen after dinner. Taehyung hummed from his spot washing dishes. "Yes, Daehyunie?" The thirteen-year-old played with his fingers and looked down at his socks. "Can me and, and Charlie sleep down here? In a p-pillow fort or something?" he stuttered nervously. He knew how protective his best friend's father was over her. It always made him nervous to ask things like this.

Taehyung set a plate on the drying rack. "Sure! You guys can stay up and watch movies too, but I don't think Charlie's going to last through a full one. It's Friday." Daehyun knew what that meant. It embarrassed Charlie because of all the medications she had to take on Fridays, but he always made sure she didn't feel that way around him. "Why, by the way? Just curious," Taehyung added, turning around to look at the boy, who shrugged. "I just need to talk to her. She may be four, but she understands a whole lot more than other four-year-olds." The adult narrowed his eyes. "About what?"

And that was it. Daehyun, the kid who never cried or seemed to give a damn, started crying right in front of Taehyung. It was quite scary. "I want mom and dad to stop fighting! I want mom to stop accusing dad of my suspensions! I want mom to see how messed-up my mind is, how hard everything she does is on me! I want her to stop pressuring me into taking interest in girls! I want her to stop making dad beat himself up! I want her to stop making us miserable!"

Paternal instinct kicked in and Taehyung pulled the crying preteen to his chest, simply holding him while he cried it all out. "Do you want me to get Charlie?" he whispered once Daehyun stopped crying. Daehyun shook his head with a sniffle. "No. I don't want her to see me like this," he muttered miserably, wiping his tears on his sweater sleeve.

"Too late," Charlie said from the doorway. She was all showered and dressed in her dinosaur pajamas, little fingers peeking out from the sleeves. She walked over and took her best friend's hand. "Come on, Hyunie. Let's go watch Spider-Man," she said gently; the same way Taehyung used to when Hoseok would be upset. Daehyun nodded and wiped a few more tears away with a hiccup. Charlie let go of her friend's hand and hugged her father, who bent down and kissed her cheek. "Daddy wants you to call him. I love you, Appa," she mumbled as he ruffled her hair. "Love you too, baby girl. Go comfort Daehyunie while I call Daddy."

thoughts on Yoongi's son? Happy Days!

- Tae