His Kisses

What if I kissed him?

Hoseok's mind kept drifting to that singular thought every time he laid eyes upon Taehyung. Taehyung believed he wasn't anything special -- though he did admit he was aware of his charisma -- but to his best friend, he was everything special. The way he smiled and giggled, the way he acted whenever he got upset or angry, and even his grumpy moods were things that made Hoseok's list, right there with his eyes and how he had to tilt his head just a little in order to look Hoseok in the eye, plus how he enjoyed spontaneous slow-dances. 

Of course, Hoseok was definitely aware of his feelings towards the younger man, but he was almost certain they were not received. Taehyung was not oblivious, but he said that dating wasn't a main priority for him, and if he developed feelings for someone, then he would deal with them as they came. The older man also wasn't made aware of Taehyung's sexuality, so maybe he wouldn't become attracted to Hoseok in any romantic regard. 

But he still had the impulse to kiss Taehyung whenever he saw him. He didn't want to kiss his lips; instead, he just wanted to give the younger man a simple peck on the top of the head or forehead during casual conversation or in passing. He thought of it as a "you deserve some love, so here's mine" type of deal. 

Kisses were Hoseok's love language the same way Jungkook's sniffs and cuddles were his (though it did creep Hoseok out at first). 

-------

"Good morning, hyung." 

Hoseok gave a weary smile in return, one eye still in a dream while the other focused on Taehyung at the dining table. He was in the middle of a breakfast of last night's dinner. Hoseok pouted, prepared to complain that he planned on eating that for breakfast too, when Taehyung pointed to the fridge. "There's enough for you," he mumbled through a mouthful of food. 

That made Hoseok happy; on occasion, Taehyung purposely ate all the leftovers for breakfast just to annoy the older man, but he usually took him into consideration like this morning. 

"Thanks, Tae," he muttered, planting a quick peck on the crown of Taehyung's head as he passed. 

He prepared his breakfast with flaming cheeks, perfectly aware that he had just acted on impulse. Hopefully, Taehyung wouldn't say anything about it. 

-------

And he didn't. 

Taehyung didn't say a single word about the kiss; he didn't even acknowledge that it happened. His face remained neutral during the first kiss, and the second, and the third, and the fourth. 

In all honesty, he didn't mind Hoseok's kisses. He usually laid all over the older man whenever they cuddled during a movie, so he took the kisses as a type of payback for pinning him into the couch; their couch was not the most comfortable to fall asleep on. 

The sixth kiss, however, gave way to an issue: Hoseok had kissed his head in front of their friends. 

No one knew Taehyung's sexuality only because he didn't really know how to put it in words, so he never dwelled on it. But he didn't want Hoseok kissing him on the head to lead to questions about his sexuality. Lucky for him, the question was never brought up, but he was teased for it. 

"Please stop, guys," Taehyung groaned, covering his ears so he didn't have to hear the coos and teasing as much. 

Seokjin patted his back. "Oh, lighten up, TaeTae! It's sweet, really," he said, sharing a look with a cherry-red Hoseok. Seokjin knew Hoseok better than even Namjoon, so he knew that while head-kisses were Hoseok's love language, he preferred to save them for his crush. 

"If it makes you feel any better, Hobi-hyung gives me head-kisses, too," Jimin pointed out, placing an arm around Yoongi's shoulders when the older man leaned into him. 

Taehyung shook his head, eyes now trained on his hands, which rested on the table in front of him. He listened to the conversation topic change, but didn't feel the desire to chime in. For the rest of the evening, Hoseok's eyes weighed down Taehyung's left side. 

-------

Hoseok stopped kissing Taehyung in public after seeing how it embarrassed him greatly, but it didn't stop him from giving him kisses in the comfort of their home. 

Sometimes, when Taehyung fell asleep before Hoseok, the older man would sneak into his room and run a hand through his hair with a thoughtful smile on his face. He wished Taehyung would understand what his kisses meant, but he seemed to either be genuinely oblivious or refuse to understand.

"Why can't you see that I love you?" Hoseok whispered, then leaned down to press a gentle kiss to Taehyung's temple. His lips lingered for a minute, the hand combing through Taehyung's hair sliding down to rub a section of his bare arm. "Even if you don't love me back, I just want you to know that I love you."

He left Taehyung's bedroom, head hung low and heart in his shoes. 

-------

Hoseok couldn't stop himself, even if he wanted to. 

One minute, he was enjoying early morning cartoons with Taehyung. The next, his lips were pressed firmly against Taehyung's. He straddled his lap, unwilling to break the kiss so soon; he didn't want to face the consequences of his actions. 

Finally, Hoseok pulled away, a quiet apology leaving his lips as he attempted to move off of the younger man. "I'm so sorry, I never should have --"

"Why did you stop?" Taehyung muttered, his hands balling up in Hoseok's shirt so that the older man couldn't go anywhere. "I want more." 

"A-are you sure?" Hoseok stuttered; he now understood how embarrassed Taehyung had been when he kissed him in front of his friends. 

The younger man smiled at Hoseok, nodding as he pulled him closer. "I'm positive, Hoseok-hyung." 

With that, their lips were pressed together once again, beginning a gentle meshing of love and everything else they felt for one another. Taehyung's lips were so warm and perfect, fitting with Hoseok's in the best ways. He relaxed in the younger man's hold, leaning a bit more forward to deepen the kiss and wrap his arms around Taehyung's neck. 

Taehyung hummed and opened his mouth, letting Hoseok dominate the makeout session as he pleased. He enjoyed giving up control, letting his composure slip away as all his defenses came crashing to the ground. 

Why did he ever attempt to fight this? Why did he push the older man away for so long? Now he knew what he was missing, and there was no way he'd ever go back. 

The longer their makeout lasted, the more submissive Taehyung became. At some point, Hoseok managed to push him down onto the couch so he could hover over him. His kisses became slightly more persistent when he felt two large hands slide up the backsides of his thighs and to his butt, simply resting there. A giggle slipped into the kiss, but the younger man didn't notice. 

Finally, they broke away for a minute, both heaving air into their lungs. "Hyung..." Taehyung panted, gazing up at the man on top of him. 

"I know, Taehyung-ah," Hoseok assured, tracing one of the younger man's collar bones. 

"Don't ever stop kissing me, hyung." 

"I wouldn't dream of it, Tae."