Serenity

As Taehyung got older, he became more reserved. Smiles were rarely seen, laughs rarely heard, emotions hid under a thick layer of nothingness. He kept conversations short and to the point, his polite straightforwardness never going unnoticed by those who came across him. To most, he was very intimidating; people steered clear of him if they accidentally locked gazed with him. 

Deep down, Taehyung was still the same little boy he had always been; he just grew up. 

Relationships never worked out for Taehyung; he was either too weird or boring, too serious or playful.

Women didn't like that he wasn't one for having a bit of fun with them, nor were they excited to hear that no, Taehyung was not going to spend his fortune on them. He worked hard for his money and never wanted to see it go to waste in such a way.

Men didn't like Taehyung, either. Their reasoning was about the same as all the women Taehyung attempted to date, but the men were more concerned about sex. They didn't like what sex meant to Taehyung, why he refused to give up his virginity. They disagreed greatly with many of Taehyung's morals. 

So when Taehyung announced to his small friend group that he met someone perfect for him, none of them believed him. 

"Kim Taehyung found someone to settle down with? I highly doubt it," Jungkook said, shaking his head in disapproval. 

"Tae, are you sure he isn't like the others you've dated?" Namjoon asked. "Those people walked all over you. They weren't good people." 

Taehyung sighed, gazing down at his beer that he only had two sips of. He wasn't one for drinking, but he did order at least one beer whenever he went out drinking with his friends. "Guys, Hoseok-hyung is different. He keeps smiling at me, even though I never smile back. He talks to me, not about me or my business or anything like that. He doesn't mind that I don't talk constantly like he does -- actually, he admitted to me that he was perfectly fine with not having a conversation whenever we spend time together." 

Seokjin smiled at him, totally uncaring that Jimin was drunk and cuddled up against him in public. "He sounds nice, Taehyungie. If this relationship lasts more than a month, then bring him around to meet us." 

-------

When month two of dating Hoseok rolled around, Taehyung brought him over to Yoongi's house for dinner. 

Jung Hoseok was a spritely character; he was all sunshine and smiles, no rain and frowns. He was unafraid to embarrass himself in front of anyone, made lots of odd sound effects, and had a laugh that sounded a bit like comic-book Joker's. He ate a lot and seemed to never sit still; Taehyung's friends were surprised that his longest relationship was with Hoseok. 

"He's cute, Taehyung-ah," Yoongi commented as introductions were made, taking note of the way Hoseok blushed and kept the sleeve of his boyfriend's shirt pinched between his thumb and index finger. "Are you okay, Hoseok?" 

Hoseok nodded, nudging himself next to his boyfriend a bit more. "I'm f-fine, Yoongi-hyung. Just a bit nervous, is all." 

Despite his cheerfulness, Hoseok was incredibly shy. Whenever he met lots of people at once, he would go deaf, stare at the floor and wring his hands, or excuse himself to go calm down in a secluded area. But he was comfortable with Taehyung; as long as he kept the younger man within arms' reach, he was fine meeting everyone. 

"Well, I love him already, Taehyungie," Jimin beamed from his place in the kitchen. "You guys are so adorable together." 

By the end of the night, it was made crystal clear that everyone approved of Hoseok.