Save Me

Hoseok has been stuck in the Seoul Home for the Mentally and Criminally Insane for almost a year now. They set him up in isolation; a single room at the end of a lonely hall with an iron door. The inside was a 10x10 padded room with only himself for company. There was no way he could hurt himself, even if he wanted to.

Before he went insane, Hoseok did have a life; school for dance, a cute apartment, friends, caring family, and a gorgeous boyfriend. Taehyung was Hoseok's world, and everyone knew it. Oh, how much Hoseok would give just to see his boyfriend again.

But that's why he's locked up. He did something so terrible to Taehyung that it's a miracle that the boy still loves him.

He tried to kill Taehyung.

A few days before he was carted off to this awful place, something in him snapped, and Taehyung just so happened to get in the way. Everyone knows Hoseok didn't mean to try to strangle Taehyung. But Hoseok is still haunted by the memory, which is why he cries himself to sleep every single night.

"Afternoon, Hoseok. They're starting therapy sessions today," Hoseok's caretaker, Seokjin, said. Hoseok looked up from his place on the floor and smiled halfheartedly. "Your session is in fifteen minutes." With that, Hoseok nodded and stood up, walking over to the wheelchair outside his door.

"Okay, so today, were here in the mental home to witness a shock-therapy session. The doctor performing the procedure on the patient will explain how it helps mental patients," Ms Boo said as the class walked through the halls of the Home. Taehyung and Jimin had AP psychology, and the field trip to the Home was no news to them; they've been before.

Taehyung knew who they were performing the session on; his boyfriend Jung Hoseok. His beautiful, bright and sunny Angel who was stuck in here without him. "Tae, are you going to be alright?" Jimin asked, reaching out to grab Taehyung's large hand for support. "Yeah," the latter said shakily, nerves devouring his entire body.

The class entered the operating room silently, with Jimin and Taehyung hiding in the back. "Everyone, this is the patient, Jung Hoseok," the doctor said as her patient was wheeled into the room by a man with broad shoulders and a movie-star face. He whispered something to Hoseok, who nodded faintly, before standing in the back of the room with Taehyung and Jimin. "He says he loves you," Jin whispered to Taehyung, who nodded and subtly leaned closer to him.

Jin, Jimin and Taehyung were best friends even before Hoseok went insane. Plus, Taehyung came by every day after school to check on his beloved Angel. "Thank you, Hyung," he whispered to Jin, who pulled both boys closer to him. "We are going to rewire Hoseok's brain to make him forget certain incidents and people, like Kim Taehyung. Warning, this will be considered graphic, so if you're easily frightened, please look away," the doctor continued as she prepared the machine. Nurses hooked Hoseok up to the chair in front of the machines.

Taehyung watched as the doctor brought the electrodes to both of Hoseok's temples. "Deep breath," she said before turning the machine on. A blood-curdling scream ripped through the room, and Jin quickly pulled Taehyung against him for comfort. Taehyung's heart felt like it had been stabbed as he heard Hoseok's scream, keeping his hands on Jimin's ears so the poor boy didn't hear. "Tae..." Jimin whimpered, turning to press his face against Taehyung's chest once Hoseok calmed back down. "It's okay, Jiminie. He's okay," Taehyung lied, surpressing his urge to cry.

The doctor started explaining more things in between shocking Hoseok, who screamed and writhed in agony, but Taehyung didn't hear any of it. He was too busy focusing on his Angel, who he loved more than life itself. He remembered how his Angel would hold him when the spent the night at each other's houses, how they'd go on cute little dates, simple things. He remembered how Jung Hoseok was a literal ray of sunshine; always smiled and laughed, making everyone feel good. Hoseok made Taehyung feel good-no. Hoseok made Taehyung feel amazing.

But that boy is now gone. Hoseok is now a corpse that hasn't died yet. He lay on the table for all to see; eyes unfocused, staring blankly at the ceiling, aware of absolutely nothing. "Tae, I want to leave," Jimin murmured, sniffling slightly while keeping his face buried in his best friend's chest. "Good to see you, Tae, Jimin. I love you," Jin whispered, sandwiching Jimin in between him and Taehyung for a second. "He won't forget," was the last thing the movie-star nurse said before he had to wheel Hoseok's brain-dead body from the operating room.

When Taehyung and Jimin got home, neither one of them said a word. "Taehyungie, how was the field trip?" Taehyung's mother asked, unaware of the deadly silence that surrounded her son and his best friend. "Eomma Kim, they did the procedure on Hobi-hyung," Jimin whispered, not letting go of Taehyung's hand. Mrs Kim rushed over and enveloped her son in a hug, letting him sob into her neck. "I'm homeschooling you from now on, Tae. You as well, Jimin. You both need some time." Both boys nodded and Taehyung let go, wiping his eyes and turning to his room. "I'm just going to go sleep."

"Hoseok, who is this?" Jin asked, holding up a photo of Taehyung and Hoseok at the beach from four years ago. Hoseok remembers that day; he invited Taehyung to Busan with him and his family for Spring Break. That was the year they told each other about their feelings for one another. Hoseok never experienced such a sweet kiss. "That's me and my Kim Taehyungie," Hoseok mumbled with a small smile. He then jumped into an explanation on that picture, which made Jin smile.

"They didn't make you forget him," he stated, ruffling Hoseok's chestnut hair. "No, but I still have trouble remembering other things," Hoseok replied, shrugging slightly. "All in all, they made me worse."

That was true. The shock-treatment therapy made him so much worse; to the point where they shoot him up with different medicines twice a day. The meds make his limbs feel like lead, brain go blank, everything shut down until he's nothing but a zombie. Hoseok hates being doped up, but now it's the only way to cope in a crazy place like this.

All Jung Hoseok wants is to go back to before he was crazy; when he had nothing but dreams and a beautiful boyfriend to make those dreams come true with.

But he knows that will never happen.

Lmao my shit writing tho. Gonna make this into a multi-part story, so hang tight on this one.

OH! Also Imma go by Tae now. Happy days!

- Tae