Warm

Halloween for me and Hoseok was more like torture; our friends loved  going to haunted houses and laughing at how scared we got. They almost always scared Hoseok so bad that he started crying, and I hated our friends for making him cry. Tonight wasn't going to be any different.

"You guys ready?" Namjoon asked excitedly, nearly bouncing on his heels as we stood in the line. Jin placed a hand on him with a smile, only slightly nervous; Jin was more afraid of bugs than he was of people in makeup and props. He just didn't like the jumpscares. Yoongi just rolled his eyes. "We always do this, Joon. It's fun watching Jimin scream." He burst out laughing when Jimin punched him in the shoulder with a glare. "Shut up, hyung!" he pouted, making Yoongi coo and pinch his cheeks. "This one is supposed to be scarier than last year, right Joon-hyung?" Jungkook asked, a sort of murderous glint in his eye. "Hell yeah! It'll be ten times scarier."

Hoseok's face paled at Namjoon's words. Last year's haunted house was so scary that one of the actors actually had to escort him out. We found him sitting on the bench outside the exit with tears on his face. He didn't talk to any of us for the rest of that night.

"What say you, Tae?" Jin asked, looking at me expectantly. "I'm going with Hobi-hyung when he gets escorted out again," I growled, throwing Namjoon a small glare. He was the one that forced us into these things; him and Jungkook both. Hoseok smiled at me, body tense as he shivered.

It was freezing outside the haunted house, and everyone was bundled in some sort of coat. I was comfortable in my black Beatles hoodie, while Hoseok only had a sweater on; idiot. "Hobi-hyung, you cold?" I mumbled to him was we moved up in the line. He nodded, face paling even more as we stood right at the entrance of the haunted house.

I found Hoseok's hand and gave it a squeeze. He looked at me with a puzzled expression, and I sighed. "I'm right here, hyung. It'll be okay," I said, pulling him slightly closer to me when we started walking into the haunted house.

It was pitch black inside, and we heard screaming in the distance. "Tae..." Hoseok whispered as I felt him shuffle closer to me. I squeezed his hand in reply and pretty much dragged him through.

A few minutes later, Hoseok screamed as something touched him. I heard footsteps behind us; whoever was behind us touched him. I turned over my shoulder to see what looked like a zombie limping behind us, hand outstretched. "Hobi, don't turn around," I mumbled, pulling my hyung a little closer to me. "O-kay."

The zombie stopped following us about five feet later, but we were greeted by what looked like a really fucked-up mental patient. She screamed like a banshee, grabbing Hoseok's wrist. He screamed and pulled out of her grip, the beginnings of tears in his eyes. "Tae..." he said, squeezing my hand. "You're okay. I'm here. Now go up those stairs," I replied, nudging him up the seemingly broken staircase.

All sorts of things were up there; vampires, mummies, skeletons and the like. Hoseok screamed at every jumpscare and tried to run away, but I always held him in place; if he ran, they'd chase him. The third floor was when he completely lost his shit.

I couldn't even tell what the thing in the cage was, but it looked like it crawled into Hell and rotted there, then came back up to the mortal world to eat us. Oh! It was a ghoul. Awesome.

The ghoul groaned as it bent the bars of its cage, slowly stepping out and crawling towards us. Blood poured from its mouth and down its neck; bone-like fingers reaching out to Hoseok. When the ghoul touched him, he screamed louder than the mental patient and his hand slipped out of mine as he ran away and through the hall.