II Chapter 48 - Qin Capital City

In this world, there are 4 continents: Xiang Heng, Ellouise, Septa, and the Northern Outlands. Three of these are highly civilised while the other one is a continent where civilization cannot survive for more than ten years- the Northern Outland, where only beasts and the unknowns are living there.

Long Kingdom belongs to the eastern continent- Xiang Heng. It is a place where high mountains surrounds it, enabling them to protect their home from the beasts invasion. The continent only consists of 4 countries: Long (central), Xuan (southwest), Rasqa (northern) and Wenjie (southeast).

The story that Chen Jing An transmigrated to took place in the Long Kingdom, where the male lead is the 3rd prince Ze Wang, Zheng Jun Ling and the female lead is Lou Yan Hua, the kingdom's prime minister's di daughter.

And right now, Chen Jing An have finally arrived in the place where everything started- the Qin capital city.

Now that almost all of the characters have gathered here, what could happen to Chen Jing An's wish to live a simple and happy life now that she have entered a relationship with the story's male lead? What about the female lead Lou Yan Hua?

*****

Inside the carriage, Chen Jing An sat down. Although she looks so calm in the outside, actually there's a panic happening inside her head.

Oh no! I'm so nervous that I don't know what to expect!

Since they have arrived in the Qin city's border, she have been thinking a lot. Now that she's together with the male lead, what would happen to the story? To Lou Yan Hua?

Actually, it have left her mind that by this time in the story, wouldn't the female and male lead be engaged?

Lou Yan Hua was in a pinch. She was a businesswoman in the top of the chain, but that doesn't mean she isn't flawed, especially when she is still adjusting to how this world works.

At that time in a small banquet in the palace, some of the high officials where there with their wives, sons and daughters as per the emperor's decree. When the genders were separated, in the Flying Phoenix Hall where the empress is the one taking the lead of the banquet for the women, Lou Yan Hua sat at a corner, conspicuous to everyone.

However, 3rd rank princess Fan Liu Er, a duke's granddaughter and the empress' niece, have long observe her every move and location for she have a scheme ready to attack Lou Yan Hua who is rumored to be close with Ze Wang.

Just like in the other stories, Fan Liu Er is an arrogant princess who thinks she is the most suitable candidate to become Ze Wang's Wangfei. But, she is smart and never directly attack the enemy hence she always uses someone's hand to achieve her goals. This time, Fan Liu Er thought of using Lou Qian Li, Lou Yan Hua's sister and someone who always hated Lou Yan Hua's position as the di daughter despite being abandoned, especially now that she have gained back favor in the fu.

Lou Qian Li was supposed to secretly trip Lou Yan Hua and let her fall in the pond during flower viewing trip led by the empress. Unfortunately for her, Lou Yan Hua didn't fall but Lou Qian Li instead.

However, Lou Yan Hua fell on the floor and a golden medallion drop onto the floor, shocking the empress.

This medallion is owned by the empress and is supposed to be perfectly locked inside her personal treasury room. The empress is enraged and immediately sent someone to investigate. It is discovered that the medallion was still in the treasury room this morning and have already missing since who knows when.

Lou Qian Li was saved by her maids and sent to a room hence she is deemed useless by Fan Liu Er and is now planning to use Lou Lian- the evil step sister of Lou Yan Hua who got engaged to the now house arrested second prince and is LYH's ex fiance.

Although, she should lie low but as someone who doesn't like Lou Yan Hua, Lou Lian didn't bother about that fact. So she acted like a good older sister advising her little sister to admit the sin in case everything will escalate. But Lou Yan Hua wouldn't admit and she was annoyed at those palace intricacies that she is being dragged in.

Lou Yan Hua doesn't know where the medallion came from. She have just started learning martial arts and isn't still in the level where she can confidently observe her surroundings.

In the end, she was sent to interrogate but as a prime minister's daughter they just locked her in prison and asked her again and again. Even if her father, the prime minister pleaded, she wasn't let go by the empress.

That medallion might not be too valuable but it is a very sentimental object close to the empress heart. She have given that medallion to her son Ze Wang and told him that it is a love token to be given to his future wife but was refused and asked her to kept it. So, what does Lou Yan Hua having the medallion means?! That she's the future wangfei!? The Ze Wangfu's princess consort!? Audacious!!

No matter what the rumors say of how close she is with her son, since by that time, Lou Yan Hua's reputation is still bad from being dumb and useless, not to mention that the empress have gone raging about the medallion, the empress didn't like it and wants her to be punished.

That's why, when Ze Wang came from a mission and discovered it, he immediately went to save her. As for the solution he did? Simple. He told his mother that he gave that medallion to Lou Yan Hua before he went for the mission and wasn't able to tell her because he was in a hurry. That he thought she wouldn't mind him taking it from the treasury room. He just blamed everything that he was in a hurry so was not put down in the ledger book.

It wasn't reasonable enough that he gave her that medallion. In any case, the golden medallion has a meaning. That's why Ze Wang declared he wants Lou Yan Hua as his fiancee.

The empress couldn't accept her son being infatuated with Lou Yan Hua so she opposed it. Hence the journey of her reputation being upheld as the unparalleled young miss.

Sigh... For the umpteenth time, Chen Jing An couldn't help but sigh. She stared at the handsome man beside her who have been reading a scroll since earlier.

What could have ever change for everything to be different? She is now the one with the male lead, Zheng Jun Ling. Then what happened to Lou Yan Hua?

She also remembers him telling that when he left early in the morning that time in Mt. Liu, he was from a mission and his enemies might caught him there... maybe, he was lying? She also remembers the shadow guard at that time reporting a certain someone was in need of help.. if she isn't wrong, didn't he say it was a female?

Again, she stared harder at the man beside her. She really want to ask him, but didn't have the courage. Sigh..

What's more, she isn't supposed to know of these matters. If she asks him, wouldn't he get suspicious as to how she knows it?

Sigh...

Zheng Jun Ling noticed her worried face and don't know what happened to her. So, he put aside the scroll and dragged her inside his arms.

"What's wrong?" He kissed her on the forehead before patting her head like always.

She is still slightly shy at his straightforward attitude in doting her, but this guy is still a beast when night comes... oh yes, not just at night.

q⁄(⁄ ⁄-⁄﹏⁄-⁄ ⁄)⁄p

Anyways, whatever these worries are, she will observe first before questioning. As of now, she don't know what is happening in the story, whether it's still following it or have completely change just like Zheng Jun Ling's change. But, she can't also let go of the fact that Mr. Plot might put everything in place once he sees danger in his story.

Furthermore... She kept having these guilty feelings that she have stolen someone else's future...

Unconsciously, Chen Jing An wrapped her arms around his waist which is certainly to the man's liking. Thinking that it is her own silly way of possessing him.

En. It feels good.