*Chapter 19 : Family (2)

After almost two long weeks, Chen Jing An could finally see the welcoming scenery of the tall green mountains that hid a small town where the Chen clan resides.

Although it is called a town, it is much better to describe it as a huge residence consisting of different families that served under the Chen clan banner. Outside the main Chen residence are where the houses of the small subordinate families located. And since there are at least a few hundreds of people living there, few decided to put up small businesses that made the huge residence into a small town, little by little as the years passed by. Eventually, the town was named Chang Dong.

[A/N: Chang for 昌 "flourish/prosper" and Dong for 栋 "pillar". I tried giving it a meaning, but I don't know if this is how it works. ╮(╯_╰)╭]

They passed by seven tall mountains and finally they can see a stone wall with yellow tiled roof. Chen Jing An wanted to cry, ahh finally she came home! Wu... fortunately, AoXian came to help her go back.

She nudged Xiao Xi beside her who is also leaning against the window to look at it.

"Xiao Xi, that's the town's wall. It was created just a year after big brother was born. Back then, the sudden grow of population in the residence made my grandfather decide to put it up."

The child's eyes are watching her as she spoke with such a gentle voice. Xiao Xi thought that his sister must have missed this place so bad.

Xiao Xi smiled at her and happily talked with Chen Jing An.

"Look, look! There's kites overhead there! The children must be playing in Jian He Garden!"

"Jian He Garden?"

"Oh, it's my favorite place! It's a huge garden with a small lake full of water lilies. There's a lot of different beautiful flowers and trees there. Although it's a part of our main residence, but it is located at the outer court hence a lot of people come and go there to relax and hang out. Children especially love to play there because there's a wide grass field beside the lake where they can play. We will visit it there at a later date, okay?"

"En! Okay!"

Xiao Xi enjoyed Chen Jing An's head pat. On the other hand, Chen AoXian watched them the whole time with a small gentle smile.

It was almost noon when they arrived at the town's red gate. The guards there were already alert the moment they saw an incoming carriage from far away, but they recognized it as the Chen family's carriage. At first, they were confused at who it might be and suddenly they remembered the first young master abrupt leave and a pissed clan head.

"Ah, first young master is back. Should we report it to the clan head?" Guard 1 asked his partner in duty.

"Hmm... maybe not?" Guard 2 said in askance.

Guard 1 had a funny skeptical face, but decided against his prior decision. So, guard 1 left his post and prepared to open the gate as he said: "Let's not. First young master is not enough for the clan head to deal with, so he won't remember us small guards even if we didn't report."

Guard 2 : "Yeah.."

Sorry, clan head! First young master is scarier than you! We failed as your servants, but first young master is the great demon lord and you are only the monster!

And so the two unloyal small guards went to open the gates.

Chen Jing An saw two guards saluting to their direction when they passed by the gates. She couldn't understand why both of them were twitching and sweating. She look up at the sun.