*Chapter 31 : First Love (3)

Chen Jing An have returned into her chambers and found Xiao Liu already waiting in worry for her. She sat on her bed in daze and made Xiao Liu leave her alone.

Now, what should she do? Sleep and forget everything else? How easy to say... sigh.

She had already decided not to get entangled with him anymore and now this! How can they treat a person like that!?

Chen Jing An heavily slumped on the bed. Her eyes staring at the ceiling.

Not a moment longer, she heard a sound of flapping wings. She immediately stand up and open her window, letting the cold winter air to enter the warm room.

"CaoCao!"

The great bird CaoCao have just successfully landed on her window sill and greeted her with its wide wings spread upwards and a pleasant coo.

Chen Jing An gave the bird it's favorite and let it climb her arm before closing the windows. She let it rest on her desk as it ate with delish. She haven't seen this bird recently and thought that it might be playing around the mountains of Chang Dong.

"Why is CaoCao here? I haven't seen you since arriving here and yet here you are, suddenly coming over."

As if it understand her, CaoCao look at her and presented his left claw which contained a small message compartment.

"A letter for me?"

Though confused, Chen Jing An knows that this might be from her family members. CaoCao doesn't have a particular owner but it likes Chen Jing An('s food) and always deliver her letters, eventually CaoCao became Chen Jing An's personal messenger bird.

"The weather is very cold. How can you travel in this kind of season?"

Thinking that the bird might have suffered in his journey, she poured more food for him which the bird happily devoured.

Chen Jing An carefully opened the letter that have already turned cold due to the weather. It surprised her that it actually came from her teacher who have been in MIA for a few months already.

Dearest student,

Have you been well? Aiya, this old one's decaying bones are turning rigid in this cold season. Don't worry about your teacher, I'm happily living in content and luxury. Haha! The very good hosts of the place I'm staying at are very generous. So, my dearest student, don't worry about me.

Who's worrying!? I'm still mad at you! You actually left me in the mountains and live a happy life in content and luxury you say!?

Chen Jing An continued reading the rest of the letter with gnashing teeth.

I heard the news of you going home too late. Your beloved teacher is currently in need of your help. Aiya, who told me to have a good student with wide ideas? I sent someone for you at Mt. Liu but you were not there, so things got delayed in my part and sent another representative to escort you here.

A representative?

Chen Jing An never heard anything from Chen Yunian so she thought that the person was delayed due to the weather. Geez, did this teacher of hers didn't consider things and actually sent someone in a middle of winter season? This is not a modern era where travelling is easy.

Well, the thing he needs help must have been urgent for him to ask for her.

Ah, before I forgot, I'm in the capital city of Long empire, Qin city. The person I asked to escort you is Long empire's third Prince, Zheng Jun Ling and he should be there before winter solstice.