*Chapter 47 : Calm Before the Storm (3)

Waking up with an aching feeling, Chen Jing An doesn't know whether she can still walk... or even sat up.

The redness on her face have further intensified when she recollect everything that happened yesterday. From daylight to the whole night, Chen Jing An was ruthlessly eaten by the beast- oh, I mean Zheng Jun Ling.

With such body, she never underestimated his capability but... he was really a beast! Such strong vigor!!

Uwu... if she didn't faint every time she couldn't take it anymore, she will never have a rest. Even early this morning, when she woke up from the sunlight's rays, they did it again.

⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄_⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

She was finally let go after that and returned sleeping. Now that she have woken up again, she finds him nowhere. Not any longer, servant girls entered to help her wash and dress.

Just as she sat in front of the vanity table, arms wrapped around her and his deep seductive voice resounded in her ears.

"Good morning."

Really... does he have to use that kind of voice? (灬> ○ <灬)

"G-good morning too.."

Zheng Jun Ling just chuckled at her obviously shy manner. Even though they did the most intimate things, she is still this shy.

That morning, Chen Jing An was filled with the teasing of Zheng Jun Ling. She almost became a red volcano ready to erupt any moment. Fortunately for her, Qin Long came and save her from more embarrassment.

Chen Jing An pushed herself up from Zheng Jun Ling's lap and sat beside him. It didn't left unnoticed by her that she is being teased.

"E-ehem, Ling ge, I heard from Sir Qin that the area around here is quite dangerous. Is it really alright for us to go now?"

He told her that they would leave tomorrow for her to rest, but she insisted that if possible, they will leave today. Zheng Jun Ling cajoled her into leaving tomorrow so she was left with no choice that she can just drink potion and her body will be fine.

Not believing her, Zheng Jun Ling didn't stop until she had the servants get the ingredients on the list and brewed it in front of him, drank it and let him check her pulse.

The man although already convinced still feels worried. He had been such a beast yesterday and hurt her. But since this is what she wants, he conceded.

"Although there are lurking beasts, they aren't unmanageable. We can safely cross the road."

"... then why did Sir Qin say it's very dangerous.. I worried that you might get hurt."

Zheng Jun Ling smiled happily at her and gathered his arms around her ignoring the person across them calmly drinking his tea- Qin Long.

"As much as I appreciate your concern, unfortunately, Xiao An, you are being fooled by this lazy bum of an Alliance Head."

"Huh?" Chen Jing An glance at Qin Long, still sitting comfortably.

"Alliance Head Qin is a lazy person. I don't even understand how did he become the Alliance Head. He is just lying to you for his own benefits." Zheng Jun Ling talked as if the person himself is not in front of them.

Clanking his cup softly on the table, Qin Long glanced at the cuddling couple in front him. Till now, he still can't believe that this person- Ze Wang his highness Zheng Jun Ling is the one in front of him, smiling and cuddling.

"Ze Wang must be joking. No matter what, I prioritize the safety of my people and right now we are on high alert. I do not want to take a risk." Qin Long said it with his usual indifference.

"Hmph. Excuses. Anyways, I will give you what you want as repayment. I do not want to owe you anything." Zheng Jun Ling coldly said to him with a hard glare before throwing a small pouch at Qin Long who perfectly caught it. "Azure jade is not anywhere near as precious as my beloved's safety, but I know that you have long wanted it."

"I don't know if I should be happy or not that Ze Wang knows me. Well then, I wish you a safe travel."

With that, Qin Long left the room in silence but Chen Jing An is still on that Azure jade that was mentioned.

She have never read it in the novel but she knows about it from being the Chen clan's miss.

Her teacher's Qilin medallion was made in the reference of the Qilin jade that is in the Chen clan's possession. It is said that those jades are the keys to a treasure cove that everyone is seeking for. What treasure in that cove was, she doesn't know. All she knows that many wars have occurred because of it.

But, for Zheng Jun Ling to actually own one of the keys and have casually gave it...

Maybe because she stared too much that it worried Zheng Jun Ling.

"What's wrong?" His voice carried an obvious trace of concern.

Returning to reality, she smiled and lean on him. "Nothing."

Before lunch, everything is prepared and left immediately. Chen Jing An is sitting inside the carriage with Zheng Jun Ling in tow. It was as if he is still afraid from the previous happening that the man didn't left her side the whole journey.

These days have been quite peaceful opposing her prior assumption. So, was it really like Ling said that Qin Long was merely lying for excuses? She don't know.

Finally, after days of traveling they have arrived around the Qin city's parameter.

Now that almost all of the characters have gathered in one place, the story have entered the calm state before a raging storm will arrive.

And what might our main protagonist do when she encounters an unexpected case she will never have thought of?