*Chapter 28 : Winter Solstice (2)

Incomprehensible.

Utterly incomprehensible.

Just what is going on? Chen Jing An is shocked to the point that she unconsciously stopped her breathing. Her heart is in an erratic beating.

She can't believe what is happening. Ling ge is.. is Zheng Jun Ling? The third prince Ze Wang and the MALE LEAD of Unparalleled Youngest Miss where the story world she is currently residing in?

Mr. Plot you didn't have to twist! What happened to your impending rule over the world's path!? Your male lead was with me, a mob character this whole time!!

Huh? Huh?

Wait... it's already winter, and in the story by this time, the male lead and female lead should be engaged already..

..!

Was that why Ling ge... no, Zheng Jun Ling left that time? In the story, it wasn't specifically mentioned what he did but he was in another country and immediately went back home when he received a news about the female lead Lou Yan Hua in big trouble. As a result, they ended up getting engaged.

Is that why... he left..? Then... is he engaged now..?

Her eyes immediately went to watch him go inside a tent near the stage with the fifth prince.

That dull ache have completely blended with each of her erratic heartbeat. Her throat feels suffocated, without her noticing, she have already reached a hand to press it as she really can't breath.

Xiao Xi besides her has a table on his own, but from time to time, Chen Jing An would give her own food to him and ask others to refill since she didn't want to starve him and dinner is yet to be served. The little boy is actually a little bit full and wanted his sister to stop the servant refilling his bowls. Suddenly, he saw her trembling and a hand on her neck, her head down and he can't see her expression.

He nudged her a little bit and didn't receive any response.

"Jiejie, are you cold??"

What is wrong with his sister? So he nudged her a little bit stronger and finally.. the boy saw her straightening her back and a face showing indifference.

Xiao Xi's eyes slightly widen because this expression, he only saw it once back in Xiang Fen pavilion when he was 'accidentally' splashed by warm water. It seems that something made his sister upset. Upset to the point that she wouldn't care about it anymore.

Chen Jing An smiled at the staring young boy and raised a hand to rub his already silken hair.

"No. It's very warm here. I was just thinking about some things."

"Ah, really?"

"En. What is it? Do you want another refill?"

"No, no! I will wait for dinner!"

"Alright." Then Chen Jing An continued to smile, but Xiao Xi saw how insincere and feigned it was after her gentleness to him.

Just what happened for her to be like this?

All the while, Zheng Jun Ling have kept his sight on Chen Jing An ignoring the two Chen brothers warning glares. At first, he was very happy. He didn't see her for a few days, and last night she had her eyes close.

And right now, there she is, sitting upright like a beautiful peony. She is a sight to behold, truly a precious treasure.

But suddenly that very beautiful smile he expected to see after not seeing each other for a while, or a wonderful and lovely sight of her blushing face were nowhere seen. Instead, she had a complete indifference to the surroundings excluding her brothers.