*Chapter 32 : Reminisce

Now sitting in the hall, the breakfast being served and Chen Jing An is stiff.

Why?

Well, it's just that the third and fifth prince are currently sitting across her with different kinds of smile. One had a mysterious smile while the other had an elegant genuine smile.

These two are both characters in Unparalleled Young Miss, especially Zheng Jun Ling, the male lead.

Agggghh!! She still can't believe that he is the male lead!!

Chen AoXian beside her has long been glaring with hostility at him. Now that she is aware of Zheng Jun Ling, she can no longer be not bothered about her brothers attitude towards the other.

It is Chen Yunian who broke the silence with a casual attitude of eating yet still looking refined.

"Xiao Jing, a letter arrived from Elder Hui saying that he needs your help in some things. So he sent someone to escort you into the capital."

So straight! Second brother, couldn't you go around the words at the least!?

Even so, Chen Jing An couldn't just stay silent. "Yes.. I received his letter."

Chen Yunian nodded at her before looking at Zheng Jun Ling who had never left his sight away from Chen Jing An. Although, he really didn't like this prince, it wasn't bad to give him a chance. Just one chance.

Thinking of this, Chen Yunian's eyes were cool and stable.

"Fifth prince is Elder Wei's disciple and is your Shi Ge. And, third prince is someone under Elder Wei's patronage, so I can rest assured of your safety to travel with them."

Chen Jing An wants to retort. What rest assured? You don't even want to help your sister back home! And now you're saying this!?

Calm down, calm down.. fuu...

Anyways, with this kind of arrangement, she really can't avoid meeting Zheng Jun Ling again and again. She can't travel all alone in such weather and it's really safe with them.. but...

She peek at Zheng Jun Ling but quickly look away when she saw him looking at her. It was too intense and obvious that it made her embarrassed. Why is he staring too much!?

So to pretend nothing happened, Chen Jing An acted as if she wanted to give food to Xiao Xi who is sitting at her left side. The boy happily ate it and that somehow made her relaxed.

She cleared her throat before responding to Chen Yunian.

"O-oh, alright. When is the departure? Teacher did say it was urgent, but I received the letter too late."

Chen Yunian's next words made the people around this table have different emotions and thoughts.

"Tomorrow. You just need to prepare your personal things and leave the rest to me."

Chen Jing An is too surprised to say anything while Chen AoXian looks like he want to kill someone. On the other hand, the royal brothers were smiling with different thoughts. Zheng Jun Ling was obviously too delighted while his younger brother is genuinely looking forward to her visit in the capital.

The breakfast ended with such news.

Back in her chambers, Chen Jing An had Xiao Liu prepare some of her things to be packed. This time, Xiao Liu is going with her as her maid while Xiao Xi will stay in Chang Dong.

To relax herself in such emotions, she went to the small pavilion hidden inside the Jian He garden overlooking the whole place. She had Xiao Liu to get some pastries from the kitchen as she sat there in admire the scenery.

Suddenly, she sighed in defeat.

"Fifth prince, I don't know if you're not good at concealing your presence or I am too good to discover you there."

Chen Jing An watch the fifth prince Zheng Jun Feng walk towards her after revealing his figure from behind a plum blossom tree.

Today he still looks as handsome as always in his jade green clothes that accentuated his elegance. Not to mention, the spread paper fan in his hands as he flap it with his every step.

"Aiyaa, Shimei saw me hiding. As expected of Elder Hui's apprentice." He nodded as if he was really sincere in his praise when they both know he's not.

"No, no, Shi Ge is just fooling around this senior. How can I defeat Elder Wei's disciple?"

Zheng Jun Feng sat across the table and also watch the beautiful scenery in this cold weather.

She thought, this person is older than her by a few months, but because he became elder Wei's disciple later than her, she became the senior.

"This place haven't changed after all these years..."

His sentence caught Chen Jing An's attention and pondered.

What did he mean?

Although this isn't any secret place, only few knows the existence of this small pavilion and it seems he have been here before.

"Have you visited this pavilion when you came here a few years ago?"

Zheng Jun Feng took away his sight from scenery and watch her with such calming eyes. It shook her but the younger man suddenly smiled gently.

"Yes. It was a memorable day for me."
(•^⌣^•)

"Oh.."

Why did it sounds like there is something more in his words...

Xiao Liu came back with a tray of pastries. The three of them had different kinds of status and identity, oddly they were very harmonious as they enjoyed the brief moments together.

Zheng Jun Feng is unexpectedly a very good talker and made Chen Jing An forgot her anxiety about him being a character.

In the end, Chen Jing An had an idea passing in her mind that this life is not just a story anymore. Those characters she's worried about are real people now. They had their own personalities and decisions to make... so it might not turn out that bad as she thought?

Can it really be like that?

Still, Zheng Jun Feng and Zheng Jun Ling are different. Zheng Jun Ling is the male lead character so she doesn't know whatever force might Mr. Plot have when it comes to his lead characters. She still needs to be more careful about him.

But unlike Zheng Jun Ling, Zheng Jun Feng is someone she now classified as 'non-dangerous' person with Mr. Plot's domain since he isn't really that involved in the story.

Ugh, so conflicting.

Anyways, she just needs to be more alert and aware of things going on around her.

The time is fast and Chen Jing An head back to her room for her last preparation for tomorrow's departure. So it is only Zheng Jun Feng who is left in the small pavilion.

Looking at the girl's figure walking away, Zheng Jun Feng lingered his eyes until that figure disappeared from his sight. He once again turned back watching the scenery.

It is really beautiful. So beautiful that everything is embedded into his memory, piece by piece.

His eyes were unfocused but he could see a girl in pink flowing clothes pouting in anger, her hands at her waist and stumping her feet to show her dominance.

It was such a fine memory that he, Zheng Jun Feng will never forget. Until now, he can still remember how she said it with her cute voice looking so angry yet still very adorable.

"Hey, you! Don't bully your little brother! What kind of big brother you are!?"

Zheng Jun Feng laughed alone in that small pavilion with no one witnessing how the usually elegant person became so sloppy.