Mark from Best Buy

Mark from Best Buy

*3 months ago*

The fifth of July was a sad, sad day. It was the day my poor laptop finally stopped working. RIP Ace. Yes, he had a name, and it was short for Asus, which was its brand. It was my first laptop, and it had lasted me five good years, but it had been time for an upgrade for a while, anyways. I honestly was pretty excited to go to Best Buy to replace good old Ace with Ace the Second.

When I arrived at the electronics store, I went straight for the computer and laptop section. I was a girl on a mission. An employee noticed that I was browsing and came over to me.

“Can I help you find something?” he asked. He - Mark, according to his name tag - was cute. He had dark hair and pretty brown eyes. He wore glasses, and they suited him well.

“Yeah. I’m actually looking for a new laptop. Mine finally died after five years,” I explained. Oh god, I was telling him too much. He probably noticed me staring, too. This was not going well.

“Alright, is there a certain brand you’d like or anything specific you’re going to use it for?” Mark wondered, leaning against a display. 

“My last laptop was an Asus and I really liked it. I’d kinda like to get another.”

“Asus, huh? Good choice. We have a few good Asus models. Follow me.” He led me to all the laptops he knew I’d be interested in. He explained their basic features and functions and then asked if I was interested in any of them.

“Well, you know more about computers than I do. Which one would you recommend?” I questioned him.

“Personally, I’d go with the newest one. It’s the most up to date, and it runs really well,” he suggested.

“Alright, I’m sold. I’ll take it,” I decided. He went ahead and rang me up and before I left, he smiled and said,” Have a nice day.” It was pretty much his job to say that, but he seemed genuinely kind and sweet. Was it bad that I had a bit of a crush on Mark from Best Buy?

*Present Day*

“Are you sure you called Geek Squad?” my friend and roommate, Ashley, hollered across the house.

“Yes, I’m sure!” I answered.

“Have some patience, Ash. It takes more than two seconds for a person to drive here from Best Buy,” Kristen, my other roommate, told her. For adults and college students, we apparently weren’t all that intelligent. Not when it came to technology, anyways. We were having major TV problems that not even the Internet could solve for us, and we had been forced to call Geek Squad for help. It was kind of embarrassing that we had to have someone come out and troubleshoot for us, but none of us could live without TV.

Within a few minutes, the doorbell rang. I got up off the couch in the living room and opened the door. No freaking way.

“Hey, I’ve seen you before!” he grinned.

“Yeah, you sold me the Asus laptop! I was just on it, actually,” I laughed. The only thing about Mark that had changed was the length of his hair. Other than that, he was still the same completely adorable, nice guy.

“You’re having TV troubles, right, not laptop problems? I’d hate to find out that I sold you a faulty computer,” he chuckled.

“You definitely didn’t! It’s the TV. Come on in,” I invited him inside and grabbed Kristen.

“You’re so red right now. Is that the guy from Best Buy that you totally have a crush on?” I covered her mouth with my hand.

“Shut up, Kris! Yes, it’s him, but he doesn’t need to know that!” I scolded her.

“Alright, alright, but I have to tell Ashley.” We headed into the living room, where Ashley was explaining the problem to Mark. When she was done and he got to work, Kristen and I pulled her aside, but we didn’t even have to explain.

“I saw that his name is Mark,” Ashley smirked. “Did you request that they send him out here?” she teased me.

“No, I did not! This is just a fortunate coincidence,” I promised.

“Well, I approve. He seems nice enough,” Kristen smiled. We looked back over at him just as he was bending down to get something out of his bag.

“And he’s got back,” Ashley laughed, making me blush even more than I already had been.

“You guys are ridiculous,” I concluded.

“What?! I saw you checking him out,” Ashley said. This was basically how it went until Mark fixed the TV. Before he left, he checked in with me again.

“You’re sure everything’s all good with your laptop?” he wondered.

“Yeah, as far as I know.”

“Alright, but it is a PC, you know. Viruses are pretty common. Maybe I should get your number, just in case something happens?”

“But I already have yours,” I said, waving around the Geek Squad card that I had in my hand.

“I know, but I was thinking maybe we could talk about it after I take you out to dinner,” he admitted, his lips curled up into a smile.

“Well, in that case, can I borrow your pen?” I wrote my number down on his hand and I saw Kristen and Ashley giving me thumbs up out of the corner of my eye.

“Thanks,” Mark said.

“Well thank YOU for all the help. It’ll be nice to be able to watch TV again,” I replied. He headed out and a minute later I received a text.

>Hey, it’s Mark

<Texting me already? Shouldn’t you be driving right now?

>I was just making sure you didn’t give me a fake number, but now I do have to drive. I’ll text you later, when I get off work :)

Of course. He was just making sure I gave him my real number. As if I’d ever give him a fake one!

Alright, this is a really cheesy one-shot, I know. I thought of it because of that Alex from Target thing, which is kind of ridiculous. Someone takes a picture of an employee she thinks is hot and he becomes famous because of it...but whatever. It managed to inspire a one-shot, so I guess I can't complain! I hope you guys liked this. Let me know what you think and vote if you liked it! :)