Birthday Cake

A/N: NSFW female self insert about Darkiplier, read at your own discretion.

Birthday Cake

It was early evening on a Sunday, and normally you'd be attempting to get some last minute relaxation in before work the next day. Instead, you were hard at work in the kitchen, working on making a birthday cake. You had just taken your pans out of the oven carefully, and after testing each one with a toothpick, they came out clean. Judging by that and the fact that they had risen wonderfully, you were satisfied that they were done. Now was the hard part - assembling and decorating.

You didn't normally bake much, but you watched a lot of baking shows, so you hoped the things you had learned would pay off. This cake was for Dark's birthday, and you wanted it to be perfect.

Dark wasn't the biggest fan of his birthday - it was just another day to him. But you wanted to do something special for him. You had found a Devil's Food cake recipe that you had already tried previously, and you and Dark had both loved it, so that's what you used for the batter. You had also found a way to make completely black frosting, as well as some simple, but nice decorating ideas. You planned to make him a pitch black cake, which you hoped he would love.

Your buttercream was already done, so you let your cakes cool and then carefully removed them from their pans. You spread some buttercream in between them and layered one on top of the other, then began spreading the dark icing all over the cake, spinning its turntable as you went to get it even and smooth. You put some black sprinkles and candies along the bottom of the cake, then dripped chocolate from the top so it oozed partially down the sides. Lastly, you piped out some black roses on the top of the cake. While it wasn't quite as perfect as the picture you had been trying to replicate, you were very happy with the results, and couldn't wait to try a piece.

 While it wasn't quite as perfect as the picture you had been trying to replicate, you were very happy with the results, and couldn't wait to try a piece

You knew Dark would be home any minute, so you pulled out a chilled bottle of one of his favorite wines: Apothic Dark. It was a more dry, dark red blend, with notes of blueberry and blackberry as well as chocolate and coffee. Chocolate cake and wine; how could Dark not love this birthday surprise?! But you knew that even though he would appreciate the work you had put into this indulgent treat, his favorite part of his gift would be your outfit.

You were currently in a gorgeous black lace bodysuit, with supportive cups that gave you a lift and cutouts that showed your bare skin. Not to mention the fact that the back left very little to the imagination. On top, you wore a pretty black apron to protect your lingerie as you baked. It had ruffles at the bottom and lace detail at the top and the open back. You had some heels that you had not been baking in, but you did step into them now that you knew he'd be here soon. You went to work cleaning up the mess from baking, knowing that you might need some counter and island space for other activities once he got there.

 You went to work cleaning up the mess from baking, knowing that you might need some counter and island space for other activities once he got there