Chapter 19: FINDING AND FIGHTING FOES

Nico and I sat on my bed wrapped in each others' arms for a couple minutes before he pulled away and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"So...does this mean we're dating now?" Nico looked at me, smiling and blushing slightly. His chocolate brown eyes sparkled a little bit.

"I guess so." I could feel my face grow hot and glanced at the mirror to see my light pink face. But I didn't care if I was blushing or not. I was dating my friend and I was completely happy with that.

Nico smiled at me and stood up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up next to him. He turned me towards the mirror and whispered in my ear. "Look at your reflection in the mirror. What do you see?"

I looked at myself. "I see a young, slender girl with green eyes and black hair. I see a girl that's been hurt and scarred. I see a girl that wouldn't win anything, especially a beauty contest."

"Well, this is what I see. I see a young, beautiful girl that deserves a better life. I see a girl that doesn't need to win any contests, because she's already wonderful enough. I see a talented girl that makes me happy. What I see is the most beautiful girl in the world." Nico whispered in my ear, causing my face turn bright pink. He gently turned me around and lifted my chin up. "And you're all I see."

I smiled at him and gave him a hug. He kissed my forehead and was just about to kiss me again when someone knocked on the door. We immediately stepped away from each other and I hurriedly sat down on my bed.

Leo stuck his head in the door. "Hey, are we gonna leave or are we gonna stay here? Natasha's kinda antsy and I don't want another cat fight in the kitchen." His head disappeared and I could hear him go back downstairs.

I looked over at Nico. "Are you ready to go?"

He stretched out his hand towards me."I'm ready when you are." I took his hand and we went downstairs together.

When we walked into the kitchen holding hands, Natasha's jaw dropped and she looked like she was going to explode with rage. I gave her a small smile and fought the urge to say, "Ha! Sucker! You had your chance to get him, but now he's mine! Go find a different boy to fall in love with!" But I didn't, so I just smiled at her, taunting her silently.

Leo saw that we were holding hands but he didn't mention it. He probably wanted to prevent another 'cat fight.'
"So, are we gonna leave now?"

Nico and I nodded and we each grabbed a bag of food and supplies. Natasha and Leo did the same, although Natasha was more reluctant to do so.

I sighed, then smiled. "Well, let's go. I have the feeling that our journey will end soon." I walked out the door with the others in tow. I made sure that I had packed a key for the house and I locked the front door to keep burglars and monsters out. We went over to the car and climbed in. Nico and I sat in the front seat, and I had to let him drive because he had his permit and I didn't. (I mean seriously, why would I need a permit for a car if I had a perfectly good pegasus to use for transportation?) Leo and Natasha sat in the back and the bags of supplies were in the trunk.

Nico turned the key and the little Honda purred to life. Luckily, after we left the train station, Christina had filled up on gas.

I spread out a map and showed the others where we were heading. I had gotten a few ideas of where to look from a few notes that I had found in Christina's office. Most of the locations were woods and metro parks, mainly because a giant wouldn't want to be found very easily, but I wanted to look around one particular location. It was a wooded area near a busy intersection. It seemed like a good place for a giant to hide. And it would take about an hour to get there.