Chapter Two: HAMSTERS AND CAR RIDES

I woke up in a small bed. My head throbbed. I looked around and realized I was in some sort of hotel room. In the chair next to the bed, Percy stirred. He sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily. When he saw that I was awake, he reached over and squeezed my hand. His hand was sweaty.

"How are you feeling? We gave you some ambrosia, so you should feel better if you don't already." He sounded worried, but he tried to hide it, which is something he really stinks at.

I sat up and grimaced. "My head hurts a little, but other than that I feel fine." I looked around and the hotel room. There were two beds, a king size and a queen size. I had the queen sized bed all to myself. There was a blonde haired girl, which I recognized as Percy's girlfriend, Annabeth daughter of Athena, in the king sized bed, with a girl that looked like a modern Pocahontas and a blonde haired boy. A boy with an elfish look was sitting in a chair messing with pipe cleaners. The football player kid was sitting in a chair with a dark skinned girl with caramel colored frizzy hair sitting on his lap. The kid wearing black clothing sat in one of the corners and he was staring at a girl with caramel colored frizzy hair. Maybe he was jealous, maybe protective of her. Who knows.

The boy in the corner glanced over at me with soft brown eyes. Our eyes met for a few seconds before he looked away. A helicopter construed of pipe cleaners flew in front of my face, turned around three times, and flew back towards the elfish boy.

I glanced quizzically at Percy. "Son of Hephaestus?"

He nodded. "Yep. Leo Valdez. He's a fire user." I looked over at Leo, who was now holding the helicopter construed of pipe cleaners and smiling to himself. From the looks of it, that kid was SERIOUSLY ADHD. If his fingers weren't moving, then his feet were. But a fire user? I could barely wrap my brain around the fact that I had found Percy, let alone meeting a fire user. The last time one of them was around, half of London burned down, or something like that. You would have to ask an Athena kid to know for sure.

In about five minutes, everyone was awake, courtesy of Leo and his crazy machines. I never knew you could make so much stuff with a handful of wires, a dozen pipe cleaners, and rubber bands.

We cleaned up the room and went down to the front desk. We payed the guy with golden drachmas, which, seemed weird for a mortal hotel.
We went out and crammed into a car, which resulted with me, Percy, Annabeth, and Leo sitting up in the front seat. Everyone else had to cram in the back. I kind of freaked when I heard someone say, "Frank, will you turn into a hamster or something?" and the football player kid sighed and turned into a hamster. I asked Percy about it, and he just said that Frank was a descendant of Periclymenus, a son of Poseidon, making him our thousand-times-great nephew or something. Talk about weird.

On the way to wherever we were going, Annabeth told me about the others. The modern Pocahontas (yes, I actually asked her, "So, who's the modern Pocahontas?") was Piper McLean, daughter of Aphrodite. The boy with blonde hair was Jason Grace, son of Jupiter, Thalia Grace's brother and Piper's boyfriend. The kid that turned into a hamster was Frank Zhang, son of Mars and a descendant of Periclymenus, which means he's a skin changer. The dark skinned girl was Hazel Levesque, a daughter of Pluto and Frank's girlfriend. The kid in black was Nico di Angelo, son of Hades. I actually remembered something from my past, but it wasn't anything nice.
I was seven years old, and my step dad had just walked in the door with two kids that I had never seen before. The boy was my age and his sister was two years older than me. They stayed with us for two years and the boy and I became the best of friends. I remember him even telling me that he promises me to never let anyone hurt me. The next day, monsters attacked my family, my sister died, and the only one that remembered it all was me.
I also saw myself a few months ago. Ares was really mad at me for some reason, so he sent me to Tartarus. Nico also fell into Tartarus somehow, and we worked together to get out. We became really close with each other while we were down there, but when we got out of Tartarus, he forgot everything about what had happened. All he remembered was that he had just gone through Tartarus, alone.
I really hate remembering some things.