Chapter Eight: THE FOUR ARE CHOSEN

By the time the cabin inspector came, which just so happened to be Annabeth, we had the cabin all cleaned up, mostly. Natasha wasn't much help, she was staring at her reflection in the mirror the whole time, but Percy and I managed just fine without her. Annabeth looked a little impressed when she saw the cabin. I guess it wasn't normally this clean. She rewarded Percy with a kiss. In about five minutes, the inspection was over.

We headed over to the pavilion for breakfast. Natasha kept giving me a dirty look, so I finally just put my dagger on the table by my plate. She stopped glaring at me and stared at Nico. I couldn't believe that I had a half sister that was obsessed with boys. Yuck.

After breakfast, everyone went over to the amphitheater to decide who was going on the quest. There were different banners set up for the different cabins. The Poseidon banner was blue with a trident on it. The banners were all different colors, and some were even multicolored, like the Iris banner.

Once everyone was settled in, Chiron stepped in front of the crowd of demigods.

"I am sure that you all heard the prophecy last night. Four half bloods shall answer the call; a child of Poseidon, different from all; a child of fire, a child of death; and a child of water, until their last breath. The chosen ones sent far away; where evil stirs night and day; to bond and to be close friends; up until the giants' end." Chiron spoke in a strong voice. All the campers nodded.

"Well,I believe that this prophecy was issued last night for a reason. I heard that there are a few giants left from the war with Gaea. The four demigods that are chosen for this quest must track down these remaining giants and kill them. I have already chosen one demigod to go and possibly lead this quest. She has a line all to herself. Sofia Rodriguez of the Poseidon cabin, please come forward!"

The whole camp turned and looked at me and started to clap. The look on Natasha's face was priceless. It went from smiling, to frowning, to snarling, to red with anger. I stepped forward nervously. I never had really been the center of attention before, and I wasn't really all that happy to be the center of attention now. I made my way down the stairs of the amphitheater and walked over to stand beside Chiron. I smiled nervously at him and hoped he got the message, which was 'Please continue.' He did.

"I believe that the child of fire is-" Chiron was cut off by a very angry voice.

"What makes you so sure that she's the one to lead the quest? How do you know it isn't me!?" Natasha stood up. "What makes her so special?" I knew that even if Chiron told them why it was me, they probably wouldn't have believed him. I would have to show them. I glanced over at Chiron. He nodded.

"You question my powers? I will show you what I can do. Natasha, come down here, NOW." Luckily for me, if I tried really hard, I could sometimes charmspeak. It must have worked, because in about a minute, she was down on the ground standing next to me. She glared at me, but I didn't care. I flicked my wrist and the ground started to shake violently. I had made my own miniature earthquake. Yay!

When Natasha had regained her balance, I pulled out my dagger and gave her a wicked cut on her arm. She yelped and jumped back, pulling out her sword in the process. She swung her sword at me but I just told her to stop and drop her sword. She dropped her sword on the ground and I concentrated on the cut on her arm. It soon disappeared from her arm and appeared on mine. Everyone gasped at the same time. Chiron handed me a small piece of ambrosia, which I ate, before he returned to his speech.

By the time Chiron was done, Nico, Leo, Natasha, and I all stood in front of the whole camp. I would be the leader of the quest because I was the best tracker, and Nico would be second in command. Great. At least Natasha wasn't in charge. If that would have been the case, I would have just thrown myself off the nearest cliff.

Chiron informed us that we would be leaving at noon. That meant I had to start getting my things together for the quest. Fun.